cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

Gillian97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I transfer my public mobile number to another carrier?

9 REPLIES 9

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

hello!
I'm following up on your ticket to check if you still need assistance. 

This is also a friendly reminder that the system will automatically close this case after 24 hours if no response is received.  
I will be here waiting for your reply!
Kind Regards,
Erick 
Customer Support Agent erick 

@Gillian97  No both account need to be active to port . So you will need to make manual payment and resume service to port number out . But that’s also providing the PM account hand t been suspended more then 90 days or the account is closed for good 

@Gillian97   How long has it been inactive, can you still log in?

Gillian97

What if my account with PM is no longer active is there another way?

Nope. Your account has to be active. If it's not, open it again and pick the $15 plan as it's the cheapest. It's the only way to keep your number if you want it that bad.

Gillian97

What if my pm account isn’t active? Is there another way?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Gillian97 

you start the process from the new carrier

but you neeed to login to My Account, Profile page and get the account number there

once you got it, activate new line with the new carrier and provide the acocunt number

and make sure your PM account still active and able to receive text.  Once you submitted, PM will send you a text to confirm and you need to reply yes within 90 mins

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Gillian97 

When you sign up for the other carrier, they will create a port request to your PM account. Make sure your PM account is active and your PM SIM card is in the phone for you to say YES to the porting request. Everything is done on their end.

Have to ask. With the most awesome promo's that just came out, why are you leaving? Better offer elsewhere?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Gillian97  You just need your PM account number and start the porting process with new provider . Leaving PM sim in phone and service active to reply YES to the confirmation text to port number to new carrier 

Need Help? Let's chat.