cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer

Charlie007c
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched from bell to Public. I choose an Esim and now I have no service because it says it’s is unable to transfer my number 

8 REPLIES 8

hi @Charlie007c 

also, is your eSIM installed, if not, submit a ticket with CS agent for help with the eSIM installation

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Charlie007c

I scanned the code but it stills says unable to use 

Charlie007c

Yes I did 

Charlie007c

Yes. I said yes 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Charlie007c 

did you get a text from Bell to approve the porting?  if you have not done that, the porting will not complete

Let me send you a number to call porting team and they can confirm.  Please check your Community inbox

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you verify that with this site? Although perhaps not 100% reliable.
https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Charlie007c 

you could be dealing with 2 things,

1. the eSIM setup which will at least allow you to connect and to make outgoing calls
  2. transfer which will allow you to receive calls on your eSIM

Lets deal with the eSIm setup first

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone , disable them (eSIM/Physica sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or remove the physical sim.  
And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled (On iPhone, "Turn on This Line" under Settings->Cellular).
Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Did you receive the porting request via text from Bell? Did you say YES? When did you request the port?

Need Help? Let's chat.