Public5574
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone number still not switched over from Koodo

9 REPLIES 9

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Public5574 wrote:

It's not my phone, I'm trying to help a friend

@Public5574 You are going to have to fill out a ticket on his behalf or he could do it himself. 

@Public5574 ok tell your friend😁

Public5574

It's not my phone, I'm trying to help a friend

@Public5574 Hi if it has been four days sounds like your port has been stuck click on the? Bottom right hand corner and ask to speak to a moderator tell them your port is stuck good luck

Public5574

No, not sure how to do that

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

We recommend to take the following steps if you need to port-in a number:

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

Complete billing address

First and Last Name of the account holder

Alternate phone number

You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PIN

First and last name of the account holder

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

We thank you for your patience while we work through the Self-Serve maintenance.

Public5574

It's been 4 days

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Public5574 I suggest you contact the customer rep team. click on the link below

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 9PM EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 9AM to 7PM PM EST

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Public5574 It takes 2 to 3 hours to port a cellular number. If you are on a Koodo Prepaied account or your port has been longer than 3 hours you will have to contact a moderator. Just click on the ? at the bottom of the screen and explain to SIMON your problem. The moderators can help with your port.

Need Help? Let's chat.