cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

Clclow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently attempted to switch 4 phone numbers ( all on the same account) from another provider to PM.  One worked but the other 3 cannot receive calls or text messages.  I suspect the phone numbers didn’t transfer over properly but I’m not sure how to get this fixed?  I attempted to create a ticket on PM website but it would not go through. Can anyone help me with this? 

10 REPLIES 10

@yougotmehere wrote:

Whats the number for the Porting Team? I am porting from Koodo prepaid to Public. Created a ticket yesterday but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

HI @yougotmehere   check your Community inbox  I am sending you the number

@Clclow wrote:

Unfortunately I don’t!  I didn’t realize they weren’t receiving calls until a week later and I disposed of them.  Oh dear.  Is that going to be a problem?

HI@Clclow   it really depends then. Call your old provider and ask them if they are ok with a verbal approval for the porting.  I heard that some carriers are ok with that, especially with Postpaid.  

But worst case, it will be $10 to buy a new sim card (old carrier), activate that new sim with the old accounts,then call back PM the number we sent you and ask them to resend the porting request

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Clclow    You would need to negotiate the previous provider to give you a temporary activation to complete the number transfer, although I'm not sure if that will be possible without your having to pay to reactivate those accounts to do the transfer.  Depending on how important those numbers are for your family members, you could decide to take a new number from PM instead, especially if the previous provider won't allow temporary activation without payment.

Here's a post from another customer who was able to get his number transferred (edit: from a deactivated account) which might be helpful in your case as well, although YMMV:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Issues-with-cellular/m-p/904808#M618760

edit:  @Clclow   It could be a bit more complicated in with your accounts since it looks like you've got rid of the old SIM (just re-read your post), however, I've read other posts where the previous provider was able to accommodate the transfer without the SIM (perhaps email confirmation, not sure), but the porting # would need to be involved, so call the number already provided to see if that's possible.

yougotmehere

Whats the number for the Porting Team? I am porting from Koodo prepaid to Public. Created a ticket yesterday but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

Clclow

Unfortunately I don’t!  I didn’t realize they weren’t receiving calls until a week later and I disposed of them.  Oh dear.  Is that going to be a problem?

HI@Clclow 

no worry, call the porting team, it is live person, they can fix everything for you and regnerate the porting texts.  You just need to make sure you have the sim cards for the old carriers

Clclow

They did get the text but I know at least one wasn’t completed within the requested 90 minutes—more like 2 hours. Tgey are active accounts on the previous providers but they have PM SIM cards now…I did not realize the could not get calls until a week later so SIM cards for previous provider are disposed of 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Clclow   Since, all the numbers were on one account with your old provider.  If you ported over the number first, that was the account holder, or name on the account,then that's probably why the other ported numbers are having a problem.

No problem though, just call the number I sent you earlier.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Clclow  

they all got the porting authentication texts from old carriers and they all replied yes?

Also, they all are active account on the old carriers?

I will message you a number to the porting support , they have live person and can assist.  Check your Community account

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Clclow   Sometimes you just have to wait for completly done.

I'll send you a phone number to call for help with that.

Need Help? Let's chat.