cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not porting

Sheryll35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have activated this PM sim last night but until now I can't be reached. Help!

9 REPLIES 9

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@CZ wrote:

Tried restarting my phone & that didn't help.  I've not put my Virgin sim card back in and my number still works that way.  So now just wait?  Will it definitely work eventually or do I need to try something else if my number isn't with PM within X number of days?

As previous suggestion...use the Virgin sim until it quits. After 48 hours has elapsed, click the ? in lower right side of screen to start Moderator intervention. Type "Failed port'..then follow instruction.

Cycle phone off / on occasionally too.

Good luck.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CZ wrote:

Tried restarting my phone & that didn't help.  I've not put my Virgin sim card back in and my number still works that way.  So now just wait?  Will it definitely work eventually or do I need to try something else if my number isn't with PM within X number of days?

You can create a support ticket while you are waiting.

Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact rep" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.
Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

CZ

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@CZ wrote:

Yes

Try cycling phone off / on.

Alternatively...try putting your old sim back in the phone and use it until it quits and then your PM number is Active.

Welccome aboard.

CZ

Yes

popping

@CZ wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Put in the new sim last night, filled out the online form, and have received text & email updates from Public Mobile.  I checked and the # I transfered from Virgin is showing under My Plan & Add Ons.

Do I need to call Virgin to request they release my number?  I haven't done that.

Is your Virgin number still active?

Your Virgin number must be active before you can port your number out.

CZ

I'm having the same issue.  Put in the new sim last night, filled out the online form, and have received text & email updates from Public Mobile.  I checked and the # I transfered from Virgin is showing under My Plan & Add Ons.

Do I need to call Virgin to request they release my number?  I haven't done that.

popping

@Sheryll35 wrote:

Porting a mobile number will take up to 2 days to complete.  But usually couple of hours.

Porting a landline or VoIP number will take up to 1 week.

If your phone number is shown on the "Paln and Add-ons" page, PM had done its part to setup your number on your account. You are waiting for your previous provider to release your number to PM.  Not until then, your income calla and texts will continue to go to your old SIM card.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sheryll35 wrote:

So you initiated the port during activation?  If you can't be reached your port is stuck.  You should still be able to use your old sim until this is cleared up so that you don't miss any calls.

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.