cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number change

Kjtoffle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my number online how long does it take to work ? 

18 REPLIES 18

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kjtoffle 

It's just your lucky day today.....you should have heard back from customer support by now? Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket when your done?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Kjtoffle

Of course my luck today it's taking them forever 

@Kjtoffle    Submit a ticket to customer support via chatbot/private message using the links provided earlier.  They'll be able to get this sorted for you.  The response will appear in the message box top right next to your avatar and is usually within one hour or less, although it can, occasionally, take longer than two hours+.

Kjtoffle

No idea what else to do just hoping to have my phone back up and working ASAP 

Kjtoffle

Yes I have changed the number a second time still not working and have tried calling the number says it is not in service 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kjtoffle 

So you have changed your number a second time now and it's still glitchy? Have you tried calling that phone #?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

ughh, that is less than ideal

Kjtoffle

Yes I went into my plans and add on and it says the number that I changed it too is my number. Has been changed an hour ago. I went on my iPhone and changed the number under the my phone number section. Says that it is still varifying it. Service and LTE are still flashing on my phone 

@Kjtoffle  - so, you DID go back and change the number again?

Do you see the new number you picked under the "Plan and Addons" TAB in your self serve account?

• Log out of self serve.
  • Remove your SIM card, then reinsert it.
  • Perform a reset of your device's network settings.
  • Maybe check that you have selected the 'auto connect' setting in your phone settings. Could be found under Connections, then Mobile Networks.

Do incoming calls work now?

Kjtoffle

Weird still does not seem to be working my service keeps going up and down from one bar to two bars and my LTE keeps flashing at the same speed. No idea haha 

@Kjtoffle yes this is a glitch with Telus/Koodo/PM.  For some reason, they will give out existing numbers to choose.  Just gio back and pick another one.

@Kjtoffle   If someone else answered, then you been given a number that is already assigned to another customer and really shouldn't happen but others have reported that too. 

So now your option is to go back and make another number change as PM permits 4 changes within 30 days.

Kjtoffle

Yes I changed it on my online account. Also called the number from another phone to see if it worked and someone else answered 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Immediately. If not, reboot your phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kjtoffle   I think the key is to reboot your phone.  If you have not done so, please reboot it first

(and by changing, you are picking a new number and you are not porting in, right?)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kjtoffle   Most of the time it's instantaneous, but I've experienced it taking upto half hour or so once. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kjtoffle 

It should be immediately. If it's not working either change numbers again or contact customer support for their assistance. After rebooting your phone first.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Kjtoffle   It should be almost instant. 

Try to reboot your phone every 5 mins

Need Help? Let's chat.