cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer Failed

luna3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I tried to transfer from TELUS to Public Mobile, and I've been experiencing a lot of stress. I completed everything it told me to when transferring to the new public mobile plan. I noticed I now had a primary account and a business account in my settings, but I only wanted a primary account. I freed my number from TELUS, then I deleted the business account. However, I got a popup on my phone saying my number transfer failed and that I should contact Public Mobile. Whenever I go to the support chatbot to get a ticket, it gives me "Forbidden A1" when I try to get one. I cannot log back into my Public Mobile account nor my Telus account. I cannot make or receive any calls. By deleting the business account, did I inadvertently delete my number? Can anyone please help me on what to do to get my number back? I'm very stressed right now.

11 REPLIES 11

Li_Ding
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is the worst customer service experience! There is actually no customer service at all! No CS agent got back to us. My daughter ended up going back to Telus store and switched her phone services back to Telus. Shame on Public Mobile. I am leaving Public Mobile too! Should never considered this provider at all!

Li_Ding

No, I have not receive any response yet. I just messaged the CS_Agent again and requesting this issue to be escalated to a customer service manager. It is VERY frustrating as my daughter is on day 2 without phone services. 

HI @Li_Ding 

support agent usually replies in within 2 to 3 hours.  So, you checked Community inbox and no one replied yet?
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

If no reply, I will message them again, use this link:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Li_Ding

Yes, I asked the same question earlier, but we still have not received a solution. We messaged CS-agent and have not received any response yet

@will13am wrote:

@luna3 , did you ask the same question with a different community login?  I provided a suggestion in the other thread.  

I have merged those two threads.

Li_Ding

You are right. They asked us to put in a ticket for a moderator to look into this issue

I've reposted the link for you, @Li_Ding 

It's highlited in purple in the link above.

FYI - the reason we don't just post it here is because Public Mobile frowns upon it being published here because people try to call it for other issues, but they're STRICTLY for porting related issues and have no ability to assist with anything else.

luna3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No, I didn't. Could you please link the thread or post what you said here?

Li_Ding

There is no number to call in the link

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@luna3 , did you ask the same question with a different community login?  I provided a suggestion in the other thread.  

Li_Ding

Hello,

My daughter is trying to transfer her mobile number from Telus to Public Mobile. She has already released her number from Telus to Public Mobile; however, the transfer has failed. She now is unable to log into her Public Mobile account. When she tried to do so, it was shown an error message saying "Forbidden A1". She followed all the steps to problem solve, but it still did not work. She now has no phone to use. Please help.

Need Help? Let's chat.