cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Swap

noelledesma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I planned on swaping my public mobile to koodo and vice versa. reason is to save money.. my koodo number (which is the phone number my wife is using) is not being used since my wife is currently on maternity leave and we have wifi at our house. I pay $60 per  month with 8GB of data. while I, in public mobile pays $33 with 3GB of data. You get the picture. I have successfully transferred my number from public mobile to koodo, but my problem now is that I cant login to my public mobile account to transfer my koodo number to public mobile. 

by the way, this account im using is from my dad. 

hope someone can help me regarding this matter. 

13 REPLIES 13

@noelledesma wrote:

I dont know if i can reuse my sim so i just bought a new one from amazon for $7.

hopefully they could credit me back. im really trying not to waste money thats the point of this swapping numbers.. but i guess mistakes happen.

Sim card can't be reused.

noelledesma

I dont know if i can reuse my sim so i just bought a new one from amazon for $7.

hopefully they could credit me back. im really trying not to waste money thats the point of this swapping numbers.. but i guess mistakes happen.

noelledesma

Becaus I knew koodo to PM would be complicated as i have contract with them. they told me it is impossible to swap number unless I paid for the remaining tab balance plus the discount they gave me from that tab balance. my balance was 160 and my discount was 140. I could've paid 300 just to change carrier but eventually CS let me without fee .I read the transfer method for PM and thought it was easy..but turns out a mistake.. 

noelledesma

I didn't know you could do that. thanks for the info. I get 15% discount from koodo too. is it safe to ask them even though im only 1 year  at their service? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@noelledesma 

Ouch! Well you really did this the wrong way around even if you didn't inquire first about swapping phone numbers. Had you ported out the koodo postpaid number you could have possibly resurrected the account but because you ported out of a prepaid account that cancelled the account without hood of resurrection. Since you had paid today you can possibly try to appeal to a CSA with your honest mistake and they may agree to credit a new account with the plan amount you paid for today. You will have given up the rewards as structured before and have to start anew with a points program account but may be able to recover at least the plan amount you paid. Check out Canadian Cell Supplies as they have a free third month promotion on right now if you are in the lower mainland I may be able to help you in that regard.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@noelledesma 

Why didn’t you just swap the SIMs between phones then port the Koodo number to PM?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@noelledesma  Oh ok. So you're paying (I will guess $15 tab for phone plus the $45 plan = $60).

If you've been with them for awhile get in touch with their loyalty department. (You have to first get past CS level 1 reps that do the call back,).. they'll tell you they can do stuff but they can't do as much as loyalty department. 

Loyalty can offer better credits,etc. If you need a new phone and still have a tab balances. At times they will wipe it to zero so you can get a new phone. There's no harm in calling and see what you can get lol. 

noelledesma

where are you from? 60 is with phone already.. and i can only find 30 without data in it.

noelledesma

sad because I just paid my PM today. I really thought I could swap numbers. 

@BeachNBeer wrote:

@noelledesma  Been trying to swap one number from Koodo to PM (same as you) for last 4 years and keep getting told it's not possible.

PS - $60 is alot for 8 gigs. You should call there loyalty department. Believe a few months ago people were getting 12 gigs for $50 or $55. I pay $35 for 5 gigs.

As I'm sure you're aware, carriers could do this but It's a company policy for swaps not to be done.  The loyalty dpeartment (at Koodo) is interesting because while they won't do a number swap, they do sometimes offer winback offers after a customer has cancelled or ported out. They'll someimes give the same plan that the customer had earlier even if it's not longer offered at Koodo, and will often offer an even better plan to get the person to come back to Koodo.  When it comes to moving phone numbers around, Koodo wouldn't be able to stop a customers from porting a phone number into that reactiavted/new Koodo account that has a loyalty/winback price plan.

BeachNBeer

@noelledesma 

So I just logged into my Koodo account then went to shop plans. You should check if you have the same as it's $45 for 8gigs right now. Same price for medium and basic tabs as well.

You can change plans through your account.

Also tomorrow if you request a call back and when the CS employee calls you back tell them you want to be transferred to the loyalty department. Once speaking to them do your negotiation of what you want. Maybe it will end up being that on top of the $45 8 gig plan they may give you an extra credit to reduce the amount depending how long you been with them. 

Screenshot_20220302-001448_Chrome.jpg

BeachNBeer

@noelledesma  Been trying to swap one number from Koodo to PM (same as you) for last 4 years and keep getting told it's not possible.

PS - $60 is alot for 8 gigs. You should call there loyalty department. Believe a few months ago people were getting 12 gigs for $50 or $55. I pay $35 for 5 gigs.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@noelledesma   you CANNOT swap numbers with porting

You have ported your number into Koodo, porting was completed and your old account was permanently closed.  

You won't be able to login back and you won't be able to port  another number into PM onto your OLD account.

You will have to get a new PM SIM , activate a new account to port the Koodo number into PM.  And your new account will be on the new reward system, 

Need Help? Let's chat.