cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting Transfer & Saying No SIM but have service?

Haziq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I moved my number from Freedom to Public Mobile yesterday, I confirmed the transfer and receive the note from Freedom that my account has been closed. I am able to make calls, text and use data on my phone with my number but I am seeing zero bars and ‘no SIM’ on my phone. I opened a ticket with support, but should I have done something else? On my iPhone, the eSIM from Public is turned on in settings but my number still says it’s with Freedom’s SIM.   

7 REPLIES 7

Haziq

I spoke to an agent after opening a ticket. The solution was to purchase a new eSIM and install it onto my device, so it seems the old eSIM was not provisioned correctly. The Customer Service representative then reimbursed the value onto my account to use at any point in time. 

Haziq

Yes I’ll wait and see. It’s odd because I’m still able to call, text and use data. When I call people, it’s showing my phone number as the caller as well. I’m assuming the porting in has not been completed yet or the eSIM has not been provisioned properly. 

This is perplexing. I'm not an eSIM expert as I am not fond of them and all the trouble they bring. Hence the reason I prefer physical SIM cards. You've already created a ticket, only thing now is to wait till they reply. Please come back and let us know what they said to resolve this issue to help educate us. Thank you.

Haziq

Yes, I have tried both but neither fixed the issue. 

Just wondering, have you tried rebooting? Also have you tried resetting your Network Settings?

Haziq

I did do that and removed my physical Freedom SIM, but it’s still showing my phone number under Freedom. I changed the label of the Public Mobile eSIM to Primary already too. 

IMG_5397.jpeg

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Haziq 

Go into your settings and choose Public Mobile as the primary eSIM.

Settings - Cellular - Under Cellular Plans select Public Mobile as your Primary. 

Since you approved the port already, you can remove the Freedom Mobile eSIM if you're not using it.

Need Help? Let's chat.