cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that the Fall promo is over, whats for Winter?

sabean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since the current promo is basically over, and humans (me) are impatient creatures, what is Public Mobile's next big move to make waves in telecommunications and help us users recruit subscribers to this community for those sweet sweet referral rewards? 

It dawned on me that with this promotion over it'll be a lot of extra work to convince people to make the switch. Has Public Mobile ever considered sign-up rewards for referring people? Maybe a bonus GB a month of data for the new sign up? Keep the account open for 11 months and get the 12th free (only base monthly service fee, not addons)? A sort of bonus offer for signing up as a referred client rather than a totally new client? I know this must ease the emails and forum posts to have 'a guy' to ask basic questions to, which is offset by the referral reward scheme. I'm fairly new to the community so I'm sorry if any of these are repeats of previous promotions. Thanks for reading and looking forward to what other members have to say!

18 REPLIES 18

@Eug wrote:
Meh in the community rewards. This "service" model has failed miserably.

Just give us more real customer service agents that actually can fix account problems.

What do you think those mods do? 

Public Mobile want to be different and i think its working pretty well other than system issues due to loads of activation caused by promos. 

Eug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Meh in the community rewards. This "service" model has failed miserably.

Just give us more real customer service agents that actually can fix account problems.

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

People that constantly jump from carrier to carrier for good deals will always do that. There is very little PM can do to gain their loyalty.

For me personally, I save more money buying a phone outright then falling victim to contracts and loop holes.

Artiss

I would love to see a program like the US has where you can get a new iPhone every year... That would get my attention and vote. Bye bye iPhone 6, hello 7+ 🙂

jeremyesq
I am really curious to see what the other carriers do for Black Friday and Boxing Day. Public Mobile cannot just sit back and relax given that some users may stray after 90 days if they get an itch to upgrade (finance) a new phone. Koodo had a great deal on the LG G5 last weekend ($50 down on medium tab). A deal for the Moto Z would seriously grab my attention!

Artiss

I agree with what has been mentioned about fixing the site, fixing the support ticket tracking system, general maintenance and load test / balance the system. I am a satisified customer who had zero problems switching from Telus. I have a couple of SIM cards still that I will wait and transfer over in December and January. Looking forward to other specials that might be on PMs mind.

For the $38 / month I am extremely happy and can't wait to see what is next. If the popularity is any indication of how Canadians are feeling about the cellular experience, we are in for a treat. I am not sure of the East coast, but I see the SIMs sold out quickly yesterday and today in Vancouver - that is pretty exciting.

Would be interesting to know how many new customers PM received over this current promo. One thing is for sure, FIDO and Virgin both took notice and offered similar promos. Sadly not as wide open and easy as what PM offered (limited to provinces and new users from my understanding).

All and all, this was great to see that it was Canada wide promo and not just Quebec 🙂

TLDR; Looking forward to PM's future. Its going to be great to be a part of it.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Well said plus 1

majsiddiqui

@sabean

I feel the same as others have expressed above - focus on improving the overall new/existing customer experience.  PM wants to retain customers for a long term, not just for a 90-days promo period, and then watch customers go to another provider for whatever negative experience.  In today's world, with tremendous competition business need to add value to their products/services.  While their deals are a bargain, the promos are just an icing on the cake.  However, it's the experience customers remember and talk about with family/friends.

I've read few posts where people have been trying to reach support and waiting for days, possibly with limited or no service.  In my opinion, these individuals should be given priority.  Some of us heavily depend on our smartphones for communication via phone/text, and if these services are impacted they need to be triaged.  Perhaps, develop a system to triage incoming requests and rank them with priority High, Medium, Low.  An alternative is to ensure additional support staff is available when promos are introduced to address issues.  I'm sure staff are already working around the clock to address customer issues - but let's not overburden the staff.

Most importanly, make the self-serve system robust.  Run performance/load test on the system to ensure the system can handle user load.

Thanks. 

Wonder_why

Have more MOD's stand by to supported community my two cents

micki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i won one of the  samsung 6p last year..  🙂 

@McLaren wrote:

Last year they had a 12 days of giveaways during the holidays. Won a few prizes, it was fun!

Lucky you 🙂

I haven't won anything 😞

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Ah yes, the 12 days of giveaways was fun.  Generated a lot of excitement too.

And I won a Boston Pizza gift card 🙂

hummuschips

The best thing about this promo was that it wasn't only for people in certain provinces.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Last year they had a 12 days of giveaways during the holidays. Won a few prizes, it was fun!

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would disagree. I feel Public Mobile's price point and their commitment towards rewarding the community is good enough to convince people to switch. The promos are just icing on the cake.

I would much rather see PM put resources behind improving the community rewards and administrative processes over another marketing campaign for the winter.

EDIT: I want to correct the above sentence because I think improving the community is much more inclusive than just the rewards. Because at the end of the day, it is the community that will champion PM and help it grow.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The great thing that i have noticed abot PM (Well one of many) is that they offered this promo to existing customers as well.  So even refering people after this when the plan goes back to 6gb/90 days is still actually a very good deal and for people that aren't in need of a huge data bucket this will be fine, and you can still build your referral bonus's.

I think with the HUGE increase in customer base from this promo PM should take some time evaluate the results and must take care of as many of the issues that they can that were experienced by the new users.  They may even take a couple of months monitor the amount of support required for the new customer base increase their support side (MODS) then look at the next thing.  Even if they offer this same deal in six months or next year they will have such a new HUGE army of happy customers after things have settled down that their next promo will probably even get bigger results.

The big thing is to take in the last promo and really fix any and all issues get more support people online and then grow from there

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @sabean,

We are all excited to learn what new promo PM will run in future.  They need to catch a breath and implement lessons learned from this promo first 🙂

The 1GB of bonus data add-on as a referral reward was under serious consideration a few months ago.   @Brooke_C has shown interest in this idea in the past.  So something new in terms of referral reward may yet come in near future.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It will be an interesting holiday season and i am excited to see what's next. 

Need Help? Let's chat.