cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now in self serve: Province-wide talk, global text and 4GB for $45 and more

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Found this thread on RFD this morning. 

There *may* be a new promo coming. No announcment from MOD's yet that I've seen.

$45/30 days on 90 days plan with autopay
- unlimited province wide talk
- unlimited global text
- 9+3 GB LTE data 

Looks like lower tier plans are also available.

What do you think? Worth it to switch from a lower cost plan?

111 REPLIES 111

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster wrote:

Ey! There is more Canada outside ON than QC, MB and SK... Smiley Wink

@wetcoaster hear, hear!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there,

For people who are not Ontario residents. Stay tuned for future promotional offers.

Kind Regards

Abdoulaye

So the way I read this, there may be special/better plans coming out for people who live in Quebec, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. 

Good to hear! 🙂

@Michael77 wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there,

For people who are not Ontario residents. Stay tuned for future promotional offers.

Kind Regards

Abdoulaye

So the way I read this, there may be special/better plans coming out for people who live in Quebec, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. 

Michael77

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there,

Kind Regards

Abdoulaye

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

They definitely seemed to botch the whole "Ontario Only" aspect. They didn't mention that fact on either social media pages and it looks like they've now deleted the posts on both Twitter and Facebook. Even though it only shows up on the Ontario promo page they didn't even bother to put a disclaimer there, either. And of course you can select it being set in any region from the plan selector page.

I think @stonechucker is likely right that it probably has to do with limitations in the plan selectors ability to filter by region. They're gonna be in tough if they try to reneg on honouring it, though. Gonna be a lot of pissed off customers.

@jshmeek wrote:

It is on details on the Promotions page now (Ontario only, under #1). But yeah, selectable and can be activating in any province. And Jeremy said it'll be honored. So basically it's an unofficial Canada wide plan (at this point anyway).

I stand corrected. Hadn't refreshed the browser. Thanks for pointing it out.

jshmeek

It is on details on the Promotions page now (Ontario only, under #1). But yeah, selectable and can be activated in any province. And Jeremy said it'll be honored. So basically it's an unofficial Canada wide plan (at this point anyway).

There is also the point that there is and has been no "Ontario only" statement, neither the in the promo page nor in the fineprint for the promo. 

I have a feeling it is because the plan selector can not handle a region only specification.  It really appears to be a case of show all options to everyone thing.

@jshmeek It does seem that way. But official advertising is only in Ontario and most new customers won't twig. This is like the "old days" when promos were open everywhere. Fingers crossed it will last. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jshmeek

@denkom wrote:

@jshmeek Still seems to be working. My sister was able to port over to public last night with a BC number and get the promo.

It's interesting that they haven't locked it down regionally. Maybe they realized as a prepaid carrier, that people can fairly easily activate a plan with an Ontario number and port in a local one (as people have done to get region locked pricing through Koodo, and once upon a time on Fido, which closed that loophole off). They must have seen that closing it off would be a waste of time, similar to Telus' stance on Koodo's Quebec postpaid plans.

Maybe its just a laxed rule and Telus (or even Public) don't care if other users get on it, it still allows for a raise in ARPU for Public and can be seen as an improvement over some plans current users have. I can't imagine the new pricing from mid-July has gone over well compared to the older LTE plans (even though we'll never know the actual difference in sign-up numbers).

denkom

@jshmeek Still seems to be working. My sister was able to port over to public last night with a BC number and get the promo.

BojanG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will do that..thank you very much.

koimr1

@BojanG wrote:

I got this plan last night. Everything is activated, but it wont let me send texts. I checked my account balance by calling 611. It said I have $141.50 on the account and that next payment is due on October 1st. The problem is texts don't work. I get a message back saying that this plan doesn't include texting.

I am not sure what is going on. The plan was advertised with unlimited talk province wide and  unlimited global texting.

Can you help me please.

Thank You,

Bojan

Send a private message to the mods (click here to do so) with your email address, phone number and description of the problem and they will look into it for you. 🙂

mimmo

@BojanG You need to send the moderators a private message

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread

BojanG

I got this plan last night. Everything is activated, but it wont let me send texts. I checked my account balance by calling 611. It said I have $141.50 on the account and that next payment is due on October 1st. The problem is texts don't work. I get a message back saying that this plan doesn't include texting.

I am not sure what is going on. The plan was advertised with unlimited talk province wide and  unlimited global texting.

Can you help me please.

Thank You,

Bojan

Garry

Just switched (future dated) my elderly neighbour's plan from the recent "Talk and Text" @ $81/90d promo to the current "Talk Only" promo @ $60/90d. Considering he never uses texting and is not interested in it, he'll be a happy camper saving another $100/yr.

$18/mth after autopay.......Thanks in advance to Public Mobile from Tom. 🙂

(He's now saving $366/year compared to his old basic Bell plan@$45/mth)

jshmeek

Great tip. Always better safe than sorry.

SD08

@Taekgun

Given that you're doing a future-dated plan change on a promo that is not meant for residents outside Ontario, I would strongly advise taking a screen capture of the scheduled plan change including your account number.  That way, you'll have some proof that you were able to select the plan in Alberta, just in case the automatic change fails.  It also wouldn't hurt to keep this post by Jeremy handy, in case the moderators hesitate to honour it for you.

@Taekgun wrote:

Just looking at the "Plans" page for Alberta, appears that the new promo pricing is working outside of Ontario and in all provinces now?!?  Can someone confirm this is the case and not a website error?  I don't see a release confirming from the Mods yet.

@Taekgun

Not sure if they changed their mind on the "Ontario only" part, but since Jeremy_M's official statement earlier in this thread was "If you can choose it, PM honors it." I would go for it rather sooner than later.

Go into your self-serve account and pick the promo combination for a future dated plan change. (Or as your initial base plan if you're opening a new account.)

Taekgun

Agreed, thanks for checking!

jshmeek

I see that too. Apparently people in the other provinces have been able to activate with their local number on this plan (one on RFD in BC was able to activate it with a BC number). I was also able to change to it (on my current line), and I'm in BC.

My guess is, its open and available at the moment, but will probably be closed off soon. So get it while you can.

Taekgun

Just looking at the "Plans" page for Alberta, appears that the new promo pricing is working outside of Ontario and in all provinces now?!?  Can someone confirm this is the case and not a website error?  I don't see a release confirming from the Mods yet.

@Jeremy_M wrote:

@Luddite

We're experiencing some technicalities and it should be synced soon. Thanks for pointing this out!

JM

Thanks @Jeremy_M. It's one of those "good things come to those who wait". 

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can also get a deal on canada wide and canada/US talk

I just changed my plan to Canada wide globe text and 18 GB LTE for $195/90 days 

@pm_tl  You may port-in another number. Suggest you do some reading before you activate; at least my favourite: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827 Robot LOL

pm_tl

Thanks @jshmeek

jshmeek

If you're in Ontario, just click on the Promotions link on the main page, select the offer, and if you have a SIM card (available at Walmart wireless and WOW mobile), select activate now. Create the plan with a new number, and then port your number from your current provider through Self-serve (to avoid issues).

pm_tl

Is this plan available for people porting over from another service provider?

If yes, what's the sequence for porting? 

Thanks!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Luddite

We're experiencing some technicalities and it should be synced soon. Thanks for pointing this out!

JM

Need Help? Let's chat.