cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming carrier

BoboDultmica
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What carrier do you switch to while in the US, and can you bundle the $20 talk, text and data plan with the 1GB data plan? 

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

I have done both.  depending on time away (maximising usage)

in the usa you need to know your pin number and have a cc on file.  then you can call 18554public

or you can do it on wifi via selfserve

@MJ23 if your trip is less than 10 days, I'd highly recommend buying it in advance.  If you're going for a week, give youself a day on the end (buffer in case of cancelled flight, etc) and buy it the day before the day before you depart.  Then you have a small buffer in the front in the unlikely event that you have a problem purchasing.  I'm not sure if you've bought add-ons before or not, but they can be a bit confusing as there's an unintuitive 2-step process required.  If you'd like a guide, please see here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

I have done both.  depending on time away (maximising usage)

in the usa you need to know your pin number and have a cc on file.  then you can call 18554public

or you can do it on wifi via selfserve

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If travelling to the US, is it best to purchase the add-on from the Canadian departure airport prior to boarding for the US flight? Or, can you purchase it upon arriving in the US?

thank you,

mj23

srlawren

@GreatCanadian wrote:

And yes you can stack your add-ons. 

GC 

Only the US Roaming Data add-ons.  Do not ry to purchase more than 1 each of the US Roaming Talk and US Roaming Texting add-ons at a time or they will stop working.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping is right about the plan starting immediately on purchase. And the day you purchase it is Day 1. So if you purchase at breakfast or after supper Day one ends at midnight (eastern time I think). It's not 24 hours.

GC 

popping

@BoboDultmica wrote:

What carrier do you switch to while in the US, and can you bundle the $20 talk, text and data plan with the 1GB data plan? 

It depends on your US locaton?

You will get AT&T or T-Mobile.

Enable roaming and restart your phone when you arrive at USA to connection to any one of these network.

Please note that US roaming add-on starts right away for 10 days.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And yes you can stack your add-ons. 

GC 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@BoboDultmica wrote:

AT&T and T~Mobile, are the networks PM will use. 

Edited to add:  There is no bundle plan with 1GB of data so you would need 2 different plans if you are looking for that much data

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.