cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice of cancellation

Sarod2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text message saying I am cancelling my account this is incorrect what do I do

6 REPLIES 6

Thats a *New One*! Nice to see something a little diffferent happening as long as it doesn’t turn out *BAD*. Keep us informed.

AE_Collector

Yes, @computergeek541 , that is a valid point.

Perhaps the OP in this case ought to submit a ticket to the Moderators to request why they received the message.

It does seem an unusual message to receive. 

If I were to hazard another guess, perhaps the user is not the account holder, and maybe a parent/guardian is.   If so, perhaps they're doing something in self-serve that might have prompted the message to the phone user?   Can't imagine what, though...

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @Sarod2 

Further to @NDesai information, I'll elaborate here if that helps.

In your self service account, choose Change Sim Card.

Ensure the last 4 digits on the self-serve SIM number match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. 

If they do not match, while still on the self-serve account, put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

From, there, contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link  here

This doesn't sound to be the case to me.  I know someone using iMessage is possible, but if a SIM card was not still in use, there isn't any way to receive an SMS message.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sarod2 

Further to @NDesai information, I'll elaborate here if that helps.

In your self service account, choose Change Sim Card.

Ensure the last 4 digits on the self-serve SIM number match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. 

If they do not match, while still on the self-serve account, put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

From, there, contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link  here

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Sarod2 Which number did you get the text from? Login to your self-serve account and see if things look normal and you currently have services working. If not, match the sim number from your self-serve account with the one you have.  

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sarod2 wrote:

I received a text message saying I am cancelling my account this is incorrect what do I do

@Sarod2 sounds strange was it asking to port your number? 

Need Help? Let's chat.