Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not working

Seanfranks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Service not working and it's active only can call but not text out 
7 REPLIES 7

@Seanfranks - so calling in/out works, and the only issue is texting?

Are you using iMessage and you are out of data? If so, turn on the SMS and MMS settings in your phone.

If you prefer to use iMessage, then:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

If you are android, and you have Chat Features enabled, I would suggest to turn that off.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

@Seanfranks 

Could we get more information on what you did?

Login to your account and see if your account is Active and check My Data & Add-ons...does it show what you purchased.

If it does, just reboot your phone by powering off and wait 2 minutes then power back on.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Seanfranks 

If you just activated and you have an iPhone you need to check for software updates (w/wifi) and then connect via iTunes to update your carrier profile. Afterwards go into your settings and enable SMS/MMS.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Seanfranks wrote:
  • Service not working and it's active only can call but not text out 

If you have an iPhone, messages may be sent out using iMessage only.  You need to configure your iPhone to send out text message for Android users in addition to iMessage for iPhone users.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Seanfranks wrote:

I tried paying for it but it went in account and then added data. still didn't work. don't know what to do. sucks with no service using a friends Phn 😞

I assume that you added fund to your account and then purchase data add-on.

If I am correct, you need to configure your APN correctly and enable your mobile data before your data works on your phone.  If you have a LG phone, you need to reset your network before your data works on your LG phone.

If I am wrong, please provide more information.  Thanks

@Seanfranks   Can you check My Account again and confirm the account status showing Suspended?

You said you paid?  do you see any amount showing up as Available Fund in My Account?

Check  Transaction log (  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ ) and see if it shows you that you paid.  Maybe post us a screenshot of that to we can advise further.

Seanfranks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried paying for it but it went in account and tgen added data still didn't work don't no what to do sucks with no service using a friends Phn 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.