cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service US Roaming

ben_wb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently purchased a 10-day talk, text, 250mb roaming add-on for a trip I’m taking to the US. The service has been spotty with T-Mobile, but decent up until now. I’m currently in Centralia, WA, and there is zero service from my hotel room. Surprising, since I’ve had service in far less populated areas. Roaming is on, network selection is automatic. 

Is this something I should talk to a moderator about, or should I just expect it?

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ben_wb - try restarting your phone, or perform a network reset on your device. These things may help connect/reconnect to a network.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ben_wb 

You're in the mountains.....its harder to connect to the network so it's likely just your location as this has been reported a couple of times this spring from customers in Washington state.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ben_wb 

You have to try AT&T if T-Mobile is spotty. 
You might also try switching to LTE or 3G to see which network is better.

Since these are US cell towers, not much a CS_Agent can do but you might want to point this out to them and they may give you some compensation. 😉

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ben_wb   PM partners with AT&T and T-Mobile for US roaming.  Try to manually select T-Mobile and see if you have better connection.

Like in Canada, there are areas that one provider could provider better service than another

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ben_wb hi try to manually connect with AT&T see if that's any better 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Your automatic network should pick up AT&T if it thinks it's better. Maybe you could scan for one or the other and see which is best. Talk would be the primary problem with AT&T and soon enough with T-Mobile. But texting and data should be fine with either. Are others around you getting service from somewhere?

Need Help? Let's chat.