cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

Britemk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone

I just signed up with public mobile. For some reason I am unable to receive texts and the ones I send are not always being delivered.  I really need this fixed anyone know what to Do? 

5 REPLIES 5

Britemk

My other sim card 

Britemk

I've had the sum card for about 6 days now. I have contacted the mod but have yet to get a response back. Really need this fixed as I have kids in school and need to make sure I'm getting my calls. My card is still get calls but my data is not working. 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Britemk

I was going to ask if you had an iPhone, Android or another phone. Sometimes text messages don't work if iMessage isn't set properly or data isn't turned on.

However now that you mention that you have not been able to send or receive texts or any incoming calls, it could be a port issue. 

Did you port a number over yesterday? Is your original SIM card still working?

Nonetheless, I would suggest you go ahead and follow @ShawnC13 directions and contact the Moderator team via private message and include your details for assistance with your account.

Britemk

I hooked up my account about 4 days ago a d realized nothing was getting sent out and now I found out I'm not getting phone calls either 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Britemk wrote:

Hey everyone

I just signed up with public mobile. For some reason I am unable to receive texts and the ones I send are not always being delivered.  I really need this fixed anyone know what to Do? 

How long ago did you set up your account?  Did you ported in your number from a previous provider?  If you did it can take upto 4 hours to complete the port.  If it has been over 4 hours I would send a private message for the moderators as your port is probably stuck.  In the meantime your old SIM should still be active and fully functioning and you can use it until the port is completed. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.