cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

zbross
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my number from my local carrier yesterday. My mobile carrier on the phone says Public Mobile but texting is not working. Short texts go through but sms messages, pictures and incoming texts do not.

I am able to make calls, but I cannot send sms messages or recieve texts. Please help soon as I use this phone for business as well. I already submitted a ticket.

16 REPLIES 16

DudeRadley

Update: Support replied. Issue has been rectified 🙂

Helenetaffin

Same here, it's really frustrating... no updates and no way to contact a real person??

DudeRadley

Hi @hTideGnow 

I've checked throughout the day and again just now and there have been no replies at all. I just sent another message with the link you provided.

hi @DudeRadley you checked the community inbox to confirm if they have not replied ?? please check

if no reply, better to message them with the ticket number for updates.  Message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DudeRadley

Adding my name to the list. I ported over yesterday and can receive inbound calls and make outbound calls, but text does not work. I've submitted a ticket (415725-946) to the CS Agent this morning and have not heard back at all (I've replied to the Sent thread twice since and still nothing). I'd really like to get this solved. 

Helenetaffin

I am experiencing the same issue, who can I get in touch with to get it resolved quickly. I submitted a ticket yesterday and haven't heard back. Thanks

HI @savsavbaby 

did you not receiving text only or not receiving calls?

if you can receive inbound calls and just text not work, it is a system problem with new activation.s

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using  direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437     

savsavbaby

can i please also have this? same thing is happening to me

@Pandalynne 

sending you the number, please check your community inbox.  The porting support team is closed now , but call back tomorrow morning

Pandalynne

Hi there, can you post the number? I'm having the same issue

Truck128
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long does it take to complete the port

Connor5

I am having the same issue how do I resolve.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@zbross 

Try adjusting Chat messages options (if an Android device - iPhone will be similar with iMessaging)

1. click Messaging app, 
  2. click 3 little dots top right, 
  3. select Settings, 
  4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 
  5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

@zbross 

As mentioned above, your port is incomplete.  You will also notice that you will not be able to receive voice calls also.  You should be able to call and text out, but unable to receive.  

You can contact moderator, but it may be quicker to try to call the Telus porting team.  I will private message the phone number to you.  This number is only used for porting issues.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zbross , your number transfer is incomplete.  This announcement covers the number transfer process.  You need to confirm the transfer before it can be completed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Need Help? Let's chat.