cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text or whatsapp messages

Zhao0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I recently joined public, and noticed both my text and whatsapp messages were delayed and would only show up once I actually go into the app to check for messages.  Once the app is closed and I lock my screen, I will still be able to receive notifications for maybe 2-5 minutes.  But after that, the problem repeats itself and I stop receiving notifications.

I've turned off all battery/data saving features, and have allowed whatsapp to run in the background.  I'm on Pixel 8.  Has anyone else had an issue with this while on Public?  I never had this issue when I was on Fido.....

3 REPLIES 3

illy

Some pixel users are having some same issues, I’ll add the link and maybe this can help you trouble shoot. Hope it kinda helps! LINK 

Zhao0

This has happened on my old Samsung S9 as well. This only started when I switched to public. Not sure why it's happening. Thx for the suggestions though. 

My txt msgs are also have the same issue

illy

How’s your signal bars? If it’s strong and got bars, then it seems like an Android glitch of some sort or some settings might need to be adjusted. 

Try restarting your phone, deleting WhatsApp and re-install. Service providers can’t control notifications, so I would try to dig around and trace the last time it was working. Did you do a software update? Installed a new app? Etc.. Also double check if WhatsApp's permissions are all granted in your settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.