cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving six digit code

Ron69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When trying to log in it asks to enter six digit code sent to my phone through text but i never get the code. Sms is enabled and i get other texts but not for the code

9 REPLIES 9

Ron69

So this ended up being two issues..

1) eversafe had wrong number for my account which CS eventually got fixed

2) Bell took forever to get my phone ported. Took a week of calling and finally got it going

Big thanks to customer service who worked with me very patiently to get this resolved

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Ron69   Once you get into the account by some means check your Eversafe profile and make sure it has the right phone number there.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ron69 try this, maybe you can get the option before support replies

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

Ron69

Thanks i will have to submit ticket as i dont have the email option at all. Just the resend code option.

Hey @Ron69 

If you're not getting it, please submit a ticket to a CS Agent via this link using the chat bot.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Ron69 

Here's a way to have it sent to your mail instead for now.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709483722381.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709483722405.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ron69 

Have the 2FA code sent by email or calling, just hit Resend Code/Didn’t receive Code and you will have the 3 options to send code.

Ron69

Thanks but i dont get that ootion, all i get is resend code. Am i missing something?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ron69 

If you tap the option that reads didn't get the code?, you will be given the option to receive it via email.

Need Help? Let's chat.