cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls from Fido!

Reztavakoli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Every one,

I transfer my number from Fido to Public Mobile on January 27th, 2021, I received a text message from Fido, and transferred. Since that time I still can’t receive calls from my friends who have Fido or Rogers number!? 

I couldn’t receive incoming calls from Fido or Rogers. Outgoing calls  and texts works well. I called Fido they said Transfer completed. But still I can’t receive incoming calls from Fido or Rogers number!

would you Help me in this case please.

Thanks,

Rez

10 REPLIES 10

I still have my money on an error at Rogers/Fido end. If the Area Code & NNX are assigned to Rogers then they have to forward all calls to tat number to the carrier that the number gets ported to. They have messed something up related to the port... aren’t sending calls to that number to the new carrier (PM). Likely needs to have PM moderators work on getting it fixed.

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Got any ideas for the OP? Setting wise?

1. Get all friends on PM😃

2. Try SIM in an android. If works...that proves the 5S is the issue. 

3. Reseat SIM card and reboot on 5S and try. 

4.  Back up iPhone 5S

5. Totally do a reset on 5S iPhone. 

6. Make sure APN settings are correct. 

7. See if can make and receive calls. 

8. If it works reconsider restoring phone from backup. 

9.  If issue reoccurs after restoring then consider a setting to be an issue...like DND or

I usually stay out of these conversations as I don’t understand the port or provisioning process. But please give the above a try. 

@LurganIeUk 

Got any ideas for the OP? Setting wise?

Reztavakoli

I have a iPhone 5s, 

@Reztavakoli 

As per your pm to me that porting is definetly complete it must be a technical issue in your account. What's the make and model of your phone? Could hou have a feature turned on in your phone that isn't available to pm or fido customers or vice versa?

@Reztavakoli 

That is a strange one.... because I'm not sure where the problem originates from....fido? pm? the port? This wouldn't normally be a provider specific issue. I would submit a support ticket via simple simon the chatbot by clicking the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type "account specific issue" and "human" and follow thd prompts to submit your ticket.

Then in the morning while you await a reply from the moderators in your private message box call the porting department and see if they can give you any additional info. They may be able to liason with fido if its a technical problem and/or give you a name or extention # for the moderator to contact once they reply to you.

Reztavakoli

I can receive incoming calls from other service providers only Fido and Rogers customers can’t call me.

@Reztavakoli 

Just to clarify you can't recieve any incoming calls? Or you can't recieve any incoming calls from Rogers or Fido customers/phone numbers?

1. Your fido account is cancelled?
  2. When you put your fido sim card in the phone it does not work?
  3. When you call your phone number and you let it go to voicemail it goes to your public mobile voicemail?

Contacting the moderators is probably best but you could also call the telus porting department with your fido account # to enquire if there had been an issue with your port. I've sent you a private message with the phone number if you wish to go that route.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Hmm, thats a different one. I would have to assume that sounds like a glitch at Fido’s end. But you will probably have to go through the Public Mobile moderators to have it looked into. Private Message them at @CS_Agent.

You ARE receiving calls from customers of Telus and Bell presumably?

AE_Collector

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

You can't receive ANY calls from ANY Rogers or Fido number?

I would suggestion to start a ticket with the mod:

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You might also want to have your friend to open a ticket with Rogers.  Cases like this can be an Rogers/Fido issue or it can be PM issue, hard to say.

Need Help? Let's chat.