cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls from Fido phone numbers

masterofnone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello All, 

I have run into an odd issue after porting out from Fido to PM last week Thursday. I noticed that I am not able to receive calls from Fido phone numbers. When they attempt to call me, it goes to this generic Fido voice messaging center message. I have confirmed that I can make outgoing calls to everyone including Fido. Also I can receive calls from land line and mobile numbers from other providers such as Telus. 

In terms of the port out process everything went fine as I approve the SMS message from Fido to port out. I also got the confirmation from Fido that the port out was successful. I have called both port out teams and they have confirmed that the port out went successfully. 

Would really appreciate if someone from PM can provide some assistance on the next steps. It now seems like some sort of an intercarrier routing issue.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

masterofnone

FYI. After following up with customer service they were able to reach out to Fido to resolve the routing issue on their end. KUDOS to Kerry and Mario from the customer service team on helping me resolve my issue!

masterofnone

Hey Andy, 

I made my ticket with customer service but have not heard anything yet. Is there any way we can escalate this issue as I am not sure what calls I'm actually missing at the moment which is critical problem.

FYI. I called Fido to see if they can investigate this issue but long story short, they simply do not want to help me since my number their systems say it been ported successfully. Now that my number is under the ownership of Public Mobile, they did not want to help or even try to diagnose the issue. I'm stuck please help!

Thanks

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@masterofnone wrote:

I have already contacted PM port team, and they have confirmed that the port has gone through successfully. I was advised to call the Fido port team. When I spoke to them they have also confirmed the port had went through successfully. 

Is there anyway I can escalate this too tech support that can investigate the possible routing issue?

Your best bet would be to submit a ticket to customer service at this point if you are saying to can receive calls from all sources except for Fido numbers. 

You can do so by using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time.

@masterofnone  Sorry missed that part , you can use this direct link to support to escalate the issue 

can send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

masterofnone

I have already contacted PM port team, and they have confirmed that the port has gone through successfully. I was advised to call the Fido port team. When I spoke to them they have also confirmed the port had went through successfully. 

Is there anyway I can escalate this too tech support that can investigate the possible routing issue?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@masterofnone  I’ll send you the porting team number private message , they can give status update on the port or re trigger it for you if needed 

masterofnone

Yes I have restarted my phone many times and I have esim in which I have disable and reenable. I also enabled my Fido sim again and it does not seem to be working at all in terms of data, calling or messaging. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@masterofnone sorry to hear of this issue. Have you tried to remove and reinsert your sim card into the phone? Restart the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.