cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered wrong phone number to transfer

Kevinc23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was setting up my account and made a typo in the phone number to be transferred. Unfortunately I can't access my full account to fix this because it is trying to send a SMS to the incorrect phone number to finish account setup.

I expect I will need help through customer support to fix this.

4 REPLIES 4

Pierre9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. Kevin, I also typed in the wrong phone number. What's the phone number that I can call to make the changes to correct phone number. thanks.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kevinc23 

If you typed in the wrong number, that number will get a text to confirm that they want to port the number over but that number must be the same carrier as your old carrier. Very slim chance it is the same carrier with that number. Same chance that the owner of that number will reply to the text.

The porting request will be cancelled after 90 minutes. So reset the porting request on the app again after 90 minutes.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kevinc23 

is the service working? you can make calls?

if just the phone number you provided was wrong, porting team can help.   i will send you the phone number, check your Community inbox and call them

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Kevinc23 
You will need to contact Customer Support agent using the link below, they will be able to redo the process for you.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Make sure to monitor the envelope icon on the top right since that is where you will receive the response.

Abheer_0-1700078164901.png

Need Help? Let's chat.