cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls and text messages

jaigandhi5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a bit of a problem here.

I just signed up 2 days ago and ported my number from Rogers.

I called Rogers and they do not see any requests to port the number over. I just emailed PM support as well. I provided them with my Rogers account number as well.

Is there anything I can do to get this resolved sooner? It's pretty important.

Thanks!

25 REPLIES 25

@Tammyparrish wrote:

Yes, I was previously receiving calls.im able to text and call out but not receiving incoming calls, goes right to my voicemail.

Have you tried rebooting your phone.  Try to take out SIM and put SIM back in.  

@Tammyparrish wrote:

How do you start your own thread?

You can go the category of your question.  Ie.  Discussion, Getting Started, etc.  Near the Bottom of the start page.  Then on the upper right corner, Start a Topic Tab and then ask your question.  Normally get more responses since it if prioritized verus old threads....  

Tammyparrish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do you start your own thread?

Tammyparrish

Yes, I was previously receiving calls.im able to text and call out but not receiving incoming calls, goes right to my voicemail.

@Tammyparrish

Did you just port a line over?  Or you previously had incoming calls, but now are unable to receive incoming calls?  More information would be helpful.  Sometimes it is better to start your own thread.

Tammyparrish

Hi, I’m not receiving incoming calls!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You may request them via email.  Good luck!  

jaigandhi5

Sigh, start date is October 6th. I think the start date should be the day my number got ported over. Had I known the number was not ported, I would not have put the PM sim card in at all. 😞

imm1304

You can check the start date in selfserve. 

jaigandhi5

Hi @Mansi_G, yes it is activated and ported successfully. I got an email from PM support on Monday evening.

Question: Does this mean my billing period starts on Monday because it was activated then? 

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @jaigandhi5 - Please provide us an update to your port status.

jaigandhi5

@Luddite

Wish I had tested recieving calls before thinking that "all is done". 

What's odd is that I got my friend who is on PM to text me when I first switched sims to PM and it worked, but then I tried with my GF's phone yesterday (on Rogers), I wouldn't get them.

@jaigandhi5 Escalation via email is sloooooooow. Seems it is still best to keep old service providers until PM account is fully active even though it delays the benefit of switching.

PM does eventually get things cleaned up BUT it has taken more than a week for a few unfortunate folks. Beta state is just so unusual for most unsophisticaed users they don't take enough precautions when starting up. Currently even normal credit cards sometimes have issues so vouchers are the most dependable start up payment. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jaigandhi5

@Luddite Yeah, I'm aware of that, was hoping this would be resolved by now. Going to switch my sim card now back to Robbers. 😞

@jaigandhi5 I may have missed it in the thread, but if your port in has been held up you should still have Rogers service with your old SIM. This should continue unil the port goes through. Don't cancel your Rogers plan until then.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@jaigandhi5

I see that your having an issue porting over your number, I have escalated this issue for you to our support agent and they will contact you to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your patience!

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hmmm. When I ported from Bell, I didn't put any IMEI or PIN. I just put the account # of my account and never had any problem. 

vrance

Hi @jaigandhi5, my experience about porting failure, Public Mobile will ask for all 3 information.  For myself, when I ported from Rogers, only account number is necessary.  No issue at all.  I have helped a friend porting from ChatR, with PIN only, it failed.  Finally needs account number, IMEI and PIN. Helping another friend from Koodo, with all 3 information, no issue at all.  It is just ensure the necessary information will shorten the time to wait

imm1304

Hey @jaigandhi5, I agree.. IMEI won't matter when porting.  

EDIT:  if you don't have PIN then @vrance's suggestion is actually relevant.. only if you still using the old phone from Rogers .. the IMEI would be registered on Rogers.  

But, you already requested help from PM support so lets just see .. they should be able to process your port request soon with the info you already have.  

jaigandhi5

@vranceI provided them with the account number.

Isn't the IMEI number specific to the phone? why would that be required?

I don't have a pin? Not sure what that is.

vrance

Hi @jaigandhi5, as @imm1304 mentioned, you need to provide the Rogers account number, IMEI and PIN to Public Mobile so that they can port the number.  Sending private message to @Mansi_G will speed up the process.

imm1304

I see... in that case, lets defer to @Mansi_G to perhaps look this up and speed things up for you if possible.  

imm1304

Let us know here if this works.  

Just to be sure, you should enter both the Rogers account number AND the PIN

jaigandhi5

@imm1304 Yes the self serve account says my account is active

I'm trying the change number option now. Update: I see this when I try "

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

@Mansi_G sorry to bother you again, looks like i need your assistance again 😞

imm1304

Hey @jaigandhi5, your initial port reuqest should have processed by now.  This is not the norm.. please send a private message to @Mansi_G with the same info and see if she can help you.  

What you describe is normal during the porting process, but it shouldn't have gotten stuck in this state for over 2 days. 

In the meantime, when you log into your selfserve account at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/  does it say your account status is active and does it display your Rogers phone number as the new PM phone number? 

If your account shows a new phone number when you log in, it may be worth trying to port one more time by going to the change phone number option.  

Need Help? Let's chat.