cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving certain calls and caller ID isn't working

hellomtrinh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello. i have two problems with my phone service. i am not receiving some calls on my phone. and when i do receive calls, the caller ID shows up strange numbers and characters but never the person's name. solutions? 

i also submitted a ticket request to have a live chat with customer service and i logged on within the 15mins, but it expired immediately.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hellomtrinh strange characters show on incoming calls. Are these showing even for callers you know who they are?

If these are callers in your contact list, that would be weird. Try a reset of your device's network settings if that is the case.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM has no live chat support unless it is pre-purchase inquiry.

PM does not provide call display Name. Your phone will show name if you have caller in your address book.

If you see funny numbers starting with V - those are spammers or fake numbers. I never pick up those calls.

Are those missing calls end up in voice mail? How do you know you are Not receiving some calls?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you have the person as a contact? It otherwise would just be their number if they have the option on to show their number when they call out.

Maybe remove the contact and re-enter it. Is it only with one contact?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @hellomtrinh   showing up without name is normal.  PM only pass the number onto your phone.  You need to setup the contact on your device for it show show names

For receiving calls problem, try to reseat your sim card

also, try to change your network to 3G Only (some phones call it WCDMA only or HSPA Only)

For the chat, you will need to reply the message again and have another chat session setup

Need Help? Let's chat.