cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing providers

SLDoidge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am trying to change my number from public Mobile to freedom when they enter my account number on freedom it says it wrong? 

also how to I find my pin??

11 REPLIES 11

@SLDoidge  - you can also call # 1-855-478-2542 to check the status of your Public Mobile account from any other phone number/landline/cell/voip.

Put the Public sim in and dial 611. If it gives you a renewal date and balance then it's active.

Count the zeros in the account # carefully.

SLDoidge

Hi,

I believe my account is still active, is there a way to tell?

Ive done this but they say it is wrong?

SLDoidge

Ok, thanks.That’s what I thought. Yeah the freedom sim works but I have a temp number with them until I can transfer this one

@SLDoidge yes you would have created a pin when you activated your account here but that is mainly to verify who you are with customer service people here it's not freedoms business if you needed a pin you would have to contact a cs agent here  so like I was saying does your freedom sim work in your phone?

HI @SLDoidge   You don't need PIN for porting  You just need account number

can you still login to My Account?  Is your service still Active or Suspended?  Only Active account can be ported

Check the top right of My Account and you will see the account number.  That is all you need for porting

SLDoidge

I know, they said to get my pin. I don’t remember creating a pin for public? And ensure my account number is accurate.  Very confused.

@SLDoidge hi so is your number  ported can you use your freedom sim it's odd they would send you a transfer request if your account number is wrong i know there are a lot of 0's in an account number after the 1 maybe you missed one?

SLDoidge

Hi Ross,

I’ve replied yes to the message and given my account number from the top right but they keep telling me the account number doesn’t match?

not sure what to do

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SLDoidge hello I'm not sure why you need your pin to port your number you should need account number active plan phone number and name on account 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@SLDoidge your account number can be found in your self serve account you /they don't need your pin number leave your public sim in your phone to receive transfer request reply yes 

Need Help? Let's chat.