cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

Kandrews
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I am not receiving calls when someone tries to call me. It goes straight to my voicemails. Why is that? I did restart my phone. Still nothing. 

17 REPLIES 17

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kandrews 

OK then your only choice is to contact customer support to reprovision your Sim card from the back end. Sometimes you can do it yourself but not this time. Submit a ticket via SIMon or send a private message.....it may take up to 2 to 3 hours for an initial reply due to larger than normal customer support requests. Responding promptly will speed up response times.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Kandrews

Lol ya still the same thing. I have a A53 phone. But nothing has changed. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kandrews 

Thanks for confirming. One more thing to try before contacting customer support. In your settings of your phone go to Network and Internet>>Mobile network>>Advanced>>"Preferred network type">>change to "3G" only. Now try calling your phone and see if it still goes to voicemail?

Kandrews

no i suspended. Logged out. Logged back in. Resumed then logged out again and rebooted. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kandrews 

Just to double check...you logged out after suspending and before resuming service?

Kandrews

Ya I tried the lost phone trick. Still not working. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kandrews 

If you go to the 3 dots at the top right corner of your browser and click on it the drop down menu will offer you either "private", "secret" or "incognito" mode that hides your activity. It makes your account work better since it's super glitchy.

Kandrews

What do you mean by secret incognito mode? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kandrews 

This is likely a provisioning issue after renewal. Since customer support is extra busy and you are on the points to program try the following:

• Go to your account page or the quick links menu.
  • Click on the lost/stolen feature.
  • Suspend your service via lost/stolen.**
  • Log out/in.
  • Resume your service via lost/stolen.
  • Log out and reboot your phone.
  • Call your phone # from another phone. Does it still go to voicemail?

**Disable 2FA verification before you suspend your service via lost/stolen.

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes of course you are right.  People are more likely to complain than praise.  There's nothing wrong with complaining if it's justified and not getting the service paid for.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Kandrews   Since the problem is just intermittent, it's probably happens when your in a dead zone and the signal to your phone is weak, during those calls. So they go to your voicemail.

It's nothing to worry about.

@statusquo- It's the nature of the business. Of course we see all the complaints. Nobody takes time out of their day to say hey provider you're doing everything exactly as how I expect it to and I pay for. Good job.

Kandrews

Just twice. Once with my skip driver. Than another I tried on my work phone. 

Kandrews

No I don't have the do not disturb on. Today my plan was auto topped. 

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That would be very annoying.  I never noticed there were so many problems before starting to read more of these posts in community.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kandrews , did you do a number port recently?  If not, maybe you have do not disturb set on the phone or call forwarding to voicemail is set.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Does that happen when everyone calls or just one person ?

Perhaps that one person has an issue rather than you.

Need Help? Let's chat.