cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not received SIM card

nidatz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I placed an order for the SIM card on 9 May and received a confirmation email. On the website, it said that I would receive the SIM card in 3-5 business day, however, it has been more than 5 business days now. Is there any way I can get an update on the purchase? 

49 REPLIES 49

@BearFBI wrote:

My package from Korea came in today. Got shipped out on Tuesday. My SIM was ordered a day before that.

Pretty sad that my package made it around the world and on my doorstep in 4 days, meanwhile Canada Post and Public Mobile cant even ship me my SIM inside the province 😂

haha.. stay home order.. no one go to work to send out the SIM.. LoL

Want to spend another $5 to buy it off Amazon instead (nono, I don't work for them. 🙂  ) 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My package from Korea came in today. Got shipped out on Tuesday. My SIM was ordered a day before that.

Pretty sad that my package made it around the world and on my doorstep in 4 days, meanwhile Canada Post and Public Mobile cant even ship me my SIM inside the province 😂

BearFBI

Well let's just hope me SIM comes in sometime soon. Canada post sucks. 

I'm waiting on a package from Korea. It just shipped yesterday and it's moving fast, wouldn't be surprised if it comes faster than my SIM.  

Stop by and Chat and earn PC points, that's interesting... Bravo!!

@BearFBI 

This past week the pc optimum app had a spend $50 get 25k in points at TMS. If you stop by and chat about your mobile needs they will give you 1000 pts. If you plan ahead you can get some discounted pm sim cards. I'm not sure if they let you redeem and earn at TMS like they do at RCSS but hey that's another reason to stop by and chat with them....and they usually "price match" free sim card offers from walmart.

BearFBI

@darlicious Oh, I forgot about the superstore ! I actually haven't bought a SIM there, I keep forgetting they sell them. 

BearFBI

@darlicious All those retailers are in the mall exept for the two Walmart locations and the Future Tech location which hasn't existed anymore for a few years now. 

The other Walmart location won't sell me a PM SIM card either, It's always the same guy. I've been there multiple times with no success. 

@BearFBI  with all these Activation "experience" and you still stick with PM.. you are a true PM Loyalist... !!! you deserve another badge.. 

@BearFBI 

Here's a few more choices....watch out for koodo though!

Screenshot_20210608-172713.png

@BearFBI 

Oh with the big nickel! I was there as a kid and went all the way down the mine where they shut off the lights to show how dark it is that far underground.

BearFBI

@darlicious No im more north. I'm from Sudbury. 

@BearFBI 

Don't you live in or near Toronto? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

BearFBI

@darlicious I have never had a porting issue either but I've had issues with the activation page. 

I've activated 9 SIM cards, out of those 9 only 4 of them went seamless. The others Ive had issues with the activation page. 

Actually I've only had ONE overall seamless experience from store to activation. Every other SIM I've had issues with the retailers. The guy who sells SIM's at my local Walmart is brutal, he still works there and STILL won't sell me a SIM card and makes up a new excuse everytime. The only other local place I can go to is the mall wich is usually closed during covid and is all the way at the other end of town for me. 

I hate activating. 

@BearFBI 

I have to agree....while I have had some seamless quick activations both in store and online and completed in under 15 minutes port and all. I have also had some nightmarish 6 hour long activations.....but pm has at least done away with the 50 minute session lock and the error message when clicking back which greatly improves activation times.

I have never had a port issue and they have all completed within minutes of the initial port request. From...telus, koodo, fido, freedom and virgin.

BearFBI

I have to say, activating has to be by far the worst experience with PM. 

Getting the SIM can be hard enough, After you get it you have to pray the activation page dosent die out on you, then you have to pray that the number ports over properly. It sucks lol. 

Forgot to mention it took me hours to get the online store to register my shipping adress for my SIM, it kept saying it was invalid. Also had to make a separate account for the store, seriously lol. 

@BearFBI wrote:

@computergeek541 If it's shipped via UPS or Xpresspost can it be tracked with the order number ?

From my experiences,at least from when the shipment is sent from Public Mobile's fullfillment centre in Mississauga, UPS Standard shipments do not contain the order number in any UPS reference number. However, yes, CPC Xpresspost should still be trackable using the Public Mobile order number on the Canada post website.

BearFBI

@computergeek541 If it's shipped via UPS or Xpresspost can it be tracked with the order number ?

@computergeek541 

The one time I ordered a sim card from public mobile last spring it came in a non standard size envelope with pm graphics on it. Shipped via a location in Naniamo on Vancouver Island and arrived 3 days after I ordered it.

@darlicious 

I know that shipping times can be all over the place, and you're right delivery could very well be quick or take quite a while depending on delays at particular shippjng facility.

Shipping method could also make a difference.  On the ordering website, Public Mobile says that Canada Post Xpresspost is used. This is not always the case.  UPS Standard and Canada Post lettermail are also sometimes used.  In the case of Canada Post lettermail, the type of packaging used can also make a difference. Canada Post lettermail shipped in a regular paper envelope can be sorted by machine (faster), but if Public Mobile send the SIM card in a bubble enveleope, this must be sorted by hand (slower).

@BearFBI 

Your SIM card may already be on the way. Public Mobile does not alway notify customers after these have been sent.

BearFBI

@hTideGnow A day ago. 

I havent received an email saying it's been shipped yet but its probably too early to worry.

Thanks for the hope lol. 

give you some hope.. i did have a friend who ordered via PM and he got it quick. 

So, maybe you are the lucky one.   

(How long you have ordered?)

BearFBI

@darlicious I should have, dammit. 

Too late now lol. It's still too early to worry, Hopefully I get it soon though. 

@BearFBI 

Why don't you use CCS? It would ship in 2 days or less for you....it's only across town.

BearFBI

Do we get an email saying when it's shipped, and how long does it usually take for Canada post to grab it ?

BearFBI

@darlicious Nah its been a day and it hasn't even shipped yet or at least I don't think it has. 

I feel bad about this. I can see this ending up with me having to talk back and forth with the moderators in a week. 

@BearFBI  yes, look like it is.  From all the threads opened, look like it still take 3 weeks+ for PM to ship 

(honest, it's just an easy excuse for PM)

New activation?  you tried local kiosk for a possible free SIM with activation?

@BearFBI 

Its hit and miss. You could get it in a week or three weeks. Do you feel lucky?

It can still take up to three weeks for delivery.

If you are in the GTA, you could purchase one from Canadian Cell Supplies.  Another option would be to purchase one from a local retailer.

If you need to order one try Amazon.ca and sign up for Prime for faster shipping.

BearFBI

What a mistake I made ordering a SIM from Public Mobile......

Are shipping times still delayed or is it back to normal now ?

@ahmedanwar5295 

Canadian Cell Supplies who generally sell pm sim cards for $5 but have been cheaper in the past. With the exception of one shipment at xmas time that took 12 business days I have always recieved sim cards from them in 5 business days or less (once in 2 days!) From North York (T.O.) to Vancouver, BC. via Canada Post.

There is a link to them in my previously linked post.....if you want to save even more $$ read it!😉

Need Help? Let's chat.