cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting verification code by text to my new PM account/phone service

wcjbic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been able to send and receive text messages from my contacts, but I have not been able to receive the verification code from PM so that I can gain full access to my account. 

I'm also able to call others, but not able to receive calls from others (it goes straight to voicemail). What is the problem? 

This is disappointing since I switched from Virgin Plus for a better deal. 

7 REPLIES 7

wcjbic

Hello @hTideGnow 

I had to put the Virgin SIM back in, and got the text and replied YES. Everything is working now. Thank you very much!

I'm surprised at how quickly I got replies to my problem. Thank you everyone for your help!!

hi @wcjbic 

but you do need the text from Virgin.  So, make sure you got it and reply YES

wcjbic

Hi had switched my SIM card already and did not receive the text from Virgin. I was on the phone with the porting live support. Now I need to wait 30 minutes for the service to be fully activated. So I'll check back in later. Thanks!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@wcjbic 

Did you reply to the text with YES with the Virgin SIM in your phone? You had 90 minutes to reply or porting will be in limbo.

If your Virgin SIM still works then porting was not completed and need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you.

If you did reply, reboot your phone by powering off then power back on.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wcjbic  Sounds like a failed port . You just try to transfer number to PM ? There’s a number for live support to help re trigger the port request will send you it private message and get it fixed 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @wcjbic 

I think your porting was stuck.  Call the porting team to confirm the porting status.  i will message you the phone number.  Please check your Community inbox

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wcjbic 

Try resetting your network settings and then rebooting your phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.