cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive phone calls and text messages

DeniseL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number over a week ago, and I'm still not able to receive phone calls and text messages.  If I send a text message the recipient doesn't receive it.  Unless they're a public mobile customer.  This is a critical failure when transferring service provider.  I'm not able to access any of my online accounts, banking, work sites, because the text messages are not working therefore I cannot receive my two factor authentication code.  Customer service is also very difficult to get ahold of.  

I don't care about the stupid benefits/points and leveling up.  I just need my **bleep** service to work asap.

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DeniseL 

It should quick porting over if all steps were done in order and if missed or skip a step…this will be the issue.

Most new member miss the biggest step and that is to reply back to your previous carrier (with their SIM in the phone) with YES confirming you are porting over to PM and you have a 90 minutes window to reply.

If this was done then you need to power off the phone and swap the SIM and power back on.

If that doesn’t work then you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by private messaging on top of this page.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Porting is usually completed within few hours if not earlier unless you ported land/voit line which might take up to 7 days.

Did you follow proper porting procedure? (Leave old SIM, reply, Yes, etc.)?

Contacting agent is not difficult but requires patience: Send a private message to the CSA by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Agent usually respond within 1 hour.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DeniseL   can you make outgoing calls?

did you ever receiving any incoming calls since joining?

Are you sure your service from the old provider has stopped working?

Did you reply a test from your old provider when you request porting?  you were supposed to reply within 90 mins or porting will not complete

I suggest you  to first call the porting team and confirm if the port was completed.  I will message you the phone number.  Check the Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

They might tell you porting was stuck and they will advise what to do next

If they tell you porting was done, then you might need to open ticket with PM support to investigate further:

Spoiler

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.