cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive International text messages

Kobebear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My $25 plan says it includes receiving international text messages from overseas while I am in Canada. I am not able to receive any overseas text messages. Does anyone know how to make it work? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kobebear wrote:

My $25 plan says it includes receiving international text messages from overseas while I am in Canada. I am not able to receive any overseas text messages. Does anyone know how to make it work? Thanks!

@Kobebear  - you should also be able to text overseas and internationally. Can you text to them? Unless this is a short code you are referring to.

If you just activated or porting a number over, these short codes could take a few days to 'find your phone' after a new activation.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kobebear 

You can also download the WhatsApp for wifi international texting or calling but texting should come through PM.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I have had international texts come through no problem from the US, Caribbean countries and NZ, haven't had any from Europe so can't speak to that, but could just be the proper area code/number format

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Perhaps the sender has restrictions preventing texts to foreign numbers, such as yours.

Also, check if you haven't blocked calls texts from sender.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kobebear   All of the plans PM currently offers allow for unlimited incoming/outgoing global texting so you should definitely be able to send and receive.

You can try powering off phone, remove the SIM and after couple of mins. reinsert and reboot.  Or try resetting your network settings. 

If the incoming texts you're having an issue with are shortcodes from foreign banks, then you should know that PM doesn't support shortcodes from many of the overseas banks.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kobebear   Yes it came with it.  No special setup for us

It is your friends from overseas that need to check how he message you

Where is your friend from? how your friend entered the phone number to text you? 

Need Help? Let's chat.