cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Texts; Now few Reception Bars

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been with Public for more than a year, and everything was quite good.

Now, reception (bars) has slipped to sometimes 2 and sometimes none when at home.  Everything is still fine for my neighbour on Public 3 houses up the street.  I have a Samsung S8 SM-G950F model phone, and live near Central Surrey BC.  Calls are not consistently coming through to my phone when at home now, and 2 friends in Victoria tell me that they have texted but their texts have not been coming through (I can still send and receiving texts from others locally).  There are no blocked numbers on the phone, I reset the phone daily, and have also tested the airplane mode.  Suggestions are appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Thank you, I followed all the steps you described, to reprovision the SIM card.

- Are you saying that I'll have to contact someone at Public to reset the auto pay monthly reward?

- Cannot clear cache of phone and messaging app in the standard Samsung S8 phone apps (not listed in settings options).

- How do I test / confirm that the reprovision process fixed the texting and reception issues (after resuming service and rebooting)? Texting has been intermittent with friends in Victoria BC lately.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@online 

I suspect you have a provisioning issue with your SIM card. Did this start to occur after your last renewal? Since you can't test your SIM card in another phone to determine if it's a phone issue or SIM card issue you can try clearing your cache in your messaging app and phone app. Reboot and test .

Since rebooting and airplane mode did not work try these to reprovision your SIM card from your side.

1. Remove SIM card and set aside. Check for any dirt or debris in the SIM slot. Gently clean your SIM card and check for any imperfections on the SIM card. After a minimum of 10 minutes reseat the SIM card making sure the SIM fits snugly in the SIM card slot. Reboot and test.
  2. If you can add a payment to your account ($1?) do so. Log out and reboot. Test.
  3. *Disclaimer: This may well fix the issue but if you rely on your rewards to pay for your plan you may not want to use this as it will cause your rewards to not apply upon renewal and you will have to contact the CSA's to apply your rewards manually after renewal. Log into your account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out. Wait 10 min. Log in. Resume your service. Log out. Reboot.Test.

If all above fails to reprovision your SIM card submit a ticket via Simple--Simon type " and "reprovision sim" and "human" and  follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Wait times are about 1 hour. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop indicating a message from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@online 

maybe your area issue and you have to test your SIM card on another device,
and also you have to test your device different area to see the same issue or not

No change.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@onlineTry disabling LTE/forcing 3G (aka HSPA or WCDMA) for a while on your phone to see if you have any difference in performance.

Also test texting and calling yourself from another phone. If you don't have another phone, you can sign up for a free number through textnow, freephoneline.ca, or fongo to make test calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@online wrote:

No second phone.

Instructions for a network reset?

@online 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

No second phone.

Instructions for a network reset?

They're currently out of town, and I don't know them well enough anyways.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@online...have the neighbour come over to your place and see if the same problem occurs.

Are you in a highrise apt of some other concrete building ?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have a second phone then try swapping the sim.  Have you tried doing a network reset ?

Need Help? Let's chat.