cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Calls and data not working

tacchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I just signed up with Public Mobile and I am not able to receive calls and data is not working. I am however able to make calls out.

I entered the correct APN.

How long will it take to successfully port my phone from Freedom Mobile and be able to receive calls and use the data?

Thanks

Trevor

26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LuzM wrote:

Can you call me

There is no calling support here.

What problems are you having? We might be able to figure it out for you.

LuzM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you call me

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Defender,

We've responded to your PM. Please check your inbox!

Cheers,

Syed

Simi

I created a new topic like you suggested and posted the answers to the questions.

Here is a link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Data-and-Calling-no-longer-working/m-...

@Simi

You would get better visibility with your post if you created a new topic/question.

Which plan do you have presently?  Did you buy add on? What does your self service account display as plan?  Check your usage?

More information would help clarify your problem.  Thanks. 

Simi

Is there any other option than a reset? I have already used my phone for the 9 months.

I thought my data was just finished so I wasnt expecting to use it, but I should still be able to make phone calls?

I am also able to use sms still.

Defender

Did you get my message above.  Factory reset seems to fix the problem.  We should find a moderator to let us know why this is the case.

Defender

I agree with the not receiving data problem.  Plus the not being able to send MMS pictures.

This has happened to me 2 previous times with changing my LG G5 to different servers.

Koodo to Telus to Public Mobile.  It seems the Lg series requires a factory reboot to allow the new settings to be completely changed.  Stupid yes. But there it is.  So back up your stuff and do a factory reboot.  I have done all the Changing the APN settings as directed.  It still dosent work.  I can access the internet through wifi.  But then why do I have 4.5 gigs of roaming data.

Plus I need the data for using GPS.. Like everybody else these days.

tacchan

I did a factory reset and now it has LTE data

Thanks for the info and help!

@tacchan,I know you say you have checked APN but this is a from a great site so you can verifyLG XPower.PNG

Or as stated a factory reset might be required as it seems to have been by many other people who ported from Freedom

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

According to the CWTA, wireless carrier to wireless carrier number portability is supposed to be completed within 2.5 business hours of the request being made.

Since you can make and receive both calls and texts, and you've received confirmation of the successful porting by text, your port is done.

Although you've checked the APN settings already, that is still the most likely culprit behind the internet connection not working.  Even before the porting had been completed or even if the porting had failed, your data should have worked fine.  Data connectivity is not part of th number portability process.  It's also possible that the was an issue on Public Mobile's end with the data possibly not be enabled or otherwise added to the account properly, but something like that could happen even if you hadn't requested a number port.

tacchan

LG XPower

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @tacchan, welcome to Public Mobile!

Most phones from other carriers require a manual entry of the APN settings before the mobile data starts working.  This is common across other carriers too.  

Here is a link that tells you how to set up data access on your phone.. it will just take a minute:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

@Luddite wrote:

Getting data up for Wind phones can be a problem. If purchased from them and not a new one with Band 66, they are apparently programmed to ONLY access 3 G. If these efforts do not help, a factory reset is the only solution we have found:

- connects with wifi?

- cellular data turned on?

- confirm data is included in your plan and not used up

- if dual sim use LTE/3G slot

- is it all apps that use data or just the browser not connecting?

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- remove sim for 5 minutes, then install and reboot

- go to settings, then general-profile and delete any profiles

- check network is not set to 2G; use auto, 3G, or LTE

- check for operating system updates

- APN settings correct Public Mobile

- delete current APN, and re-enter settings

- remove any VPNs

- try sim in another phone and a good sim in your phone

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that.

settings

Nice list you have 🙂 

Want to add that maybe access the networking mode and cahnge it via csc codes using the specific numbers

Rockdaddy22
What kind of phone?

tacchan

Data is turned on

Getting data up for Wind phones can be a problem. If purchased from them and not a new one with Band 66, they are apparently programmed to ONLY access 3 G. If these efforts do not help, a factory reset is the only solution we have found:

- connects with wifi?

- cellular data turned on?

- confirm data is included in your plan and not used up

- if dual sim use LTE/3G slot

- is it all apps that use data or just the browser not connecting?

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- remove sim for 5 minutes, then install and reboot

- go to settings, then general-profile and delete any profiles

- check network is not set to 2G; use auto, 3G, or LTE

- check for operating system updates

- APN settings correct Public Mobile

- delete current APN, and re-enter settings

- remove any VPNs

- try sim in another phone and a good sim in your phone

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that.

settings

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tacchan

Data still doesnt work,

How long will it take?

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Is the internet still not available ? 

Is your data turned on ?

Rockdaddy22
Just because he said he just signed up, I don't assume anything. It could've been a couple hours ago

@zhadj030 Recommended wait time for a number port before contacting the moderators is:

- just 3 hours for cell number

- 14 days for voip number

- 7 days for landline

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
How long has it been since your port request.

He mentionned that he just signed up, so maybe in last couple of minutes.

@tacchan I would say give it an hour or two, and then contact mods

Edit: just saw your update.

tacchan

I just got a text stating that the port is complete, but the data isnt working right now

I am able to receive calls and text now

Rockdaddy22
How long has it been since your port request.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

It depends , it could take from 5 min to 2 hours or even more.

If after 24 hours and still having problems then contact a mod.

Once it is fully transfered you will receive a text from PM saying that you are now fully ported out and the freedom service will stop working.

Edit: Here is how to contact them : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Rockdaddy22
Looks like you might have an incomplete port. Keep using your freedom sim until it stops working. It'll stop working once the port is complete. Contact a mod asap to get this solved.
Need Help? Let's chat.