cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No usage being deducted from base plan minutes only from add on

sun2go
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a new user trying to read my first month's account status report.  It appears all of my usage minutes are being deducted from my add on minutes.

my Plan is $10 per 30 days - 50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk

Add-on =  200 min US and Canada Long Distance

On the 'View Usage"  page I can see each call and total up the minutes used which matches the amount of usage posted under add-ons.

Add-On

200 min US and Canada Long Distance
139 / 200 MIN
Shouldn't the first 50 minutes be deducted from my base plan minutes first? And where should I see the running total for the usage of the base minutes.

Thanks for any suggestions to a newbie trying to figure this out.

3 REPLIES 3

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bear in mind that incoming minutes count against your 50. Also if you call your voicemail from your mobile phone, that will also count against your 50. (You can call into voicemail from another phone, which is the recommended method if you don't have unlimited minutes).

BTW if you find you keep buying more add-on minutes, consider either the $20 unlimited-talk plan, or the $25 unlimited-talk-and-text plan. You can even change immediately (or you can schedule the change for next billing date) if you need a lot of airtime now. Your add-on minutes last forever (as long as your line is alive) so you could save them for calling Canada-US.

Finally, while the $10 plan includes unlimited incoming text (since you can't stop it), it includes only 50 outgoing texts, and there's no add-on for texts. You didn't mention texting but if you do a lot, that's another reason to consider the $25 plan.

=aw

sun2go
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for that info. I guess I need to recalculate my total minutes used because my math doesn't seem to match the running total posted.

oh well hopefully PM is accurate.

Just to make sure I didn't run out of minutes I purchased more Add-on minutes. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, base minutes get used before add-on minutes.

Once you use up the base minutes, they no longer show up under your plan details.  So this suggests that you must have used up all the base minutes first, and then it started using the add-on minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.