cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

brianmcd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a U.S. plan for $50 + 10 gb, thought it was good called Tennessee and told them I will be there tomorrow, I’m broken down in Virginia and my phone or data won’t work. I talked to Ana and it’s not her problem and you can’t escalate this to anyone! Can someone not help me out?

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@brianmcd wrote:

I bought a U.S. plan for $50 + 10 gb, thought it was good called Tennessee and told them I will be there tomorrow, I’m broken down in Virginia and my phone or data won’t work. I talked to Ana and it’s not her problem and you can’t escalate this to anyone! Can someone not help me out?

@brianmcd  - sorry this happened, I can see how the services can be mistaken to work whilst in the USA; but there are finer details in that plan that are listed.

We are all customers and members just like you here on the forum.

Who is Ana and how did you talk to her about this issue? Did you mean through the Online Activation area, because this is for activations Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Public Mobile Representatives (CSA), are only contact via private messaging using a ticketing system, by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Others have provided methods you need to purchase Roaming Addons for service in the USA, so please see their posts to get your service going asap.

Make sure data roaming is enabled in your phone settings.

Good luck, safe travels.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brianmcd 

Bummer....you are not the first customer to make this mistake and it doesn't look like Ana is being very sympathetic to your plight. Close your ticket with her and start over perhaps by using private message instead so you can explain your honest mistake to the next CSA you have answer your private message.

If your renewal just occurred you may be able to get the CSA to switch you back to your previous plan or even the $15 plan for this 30 days of service while you are in the US (?) The CSA may be willing to do this and credit the difference back to your account for you to use to purchase US roaming add ons.

When you get to a business like McD's for example use their free wifi to download textnow. You can use this voip on wifi for calling and texting. Purchase a US Roaming data add on and you will also be able to use the voip provider with mobile data so you can call and text for free and access your community account to communicate with customer support. Hopefully you will get a more helpful CSA this time.

One piece of advice I was given when I first switched to pm was if you didn't like the answer you were given by a CSA was to seek a second opinion. Just tell Ana thanks for your time and please feel free to send me a review link. Then you can give pm feedback on your customer support experience with Ana when you have more time. Then send a detailed message with your issue as I mentioned above and see if you get a different result that helps accommodate your current needs.

Give us an update or ask for more help if you need it. We are to help you if we can navigate the ins and outs of getting good customer support.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Get to somewhere with wifi..like Walmart...log into your PM account, make sure you have $$ in Available Funds. Look for and click  Purchase Add-ons...make your selection of one of the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons. Restart your phone. You may have to manually select either AT&T or T-Mobile...whichever works best in your area.

EZPZ

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@brianmcd 

Log into your self serve and select Purchase Add Ons tab to the right of the section My Data and Add Ons.

From there, select one of the US Roaming selections for the service(s) you desire while in the USA.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brianmcd as said above, the plan won't work in US

It probably better for you to get local data plan and VoIP app like TextNow to make phone calls .  Cheaper and more data 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You need one of the 10 day roaming packages offered by PM. Simply changing your plan doesn't entail you to roaming privileges.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

ALL PM plans are for calling from Canada.

For what you need is US add-ons:

US Roaming for 10 day packages

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20

Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15

Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8

Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8

U.S. Data Only for 10 day packages

250MB = $10

500MB = $15

1GB = $20

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can call anywhere in US as long as the call originated in Canada. For use in US, you'd need one of the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons for use while there.

edit'd...spelling

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @brianmcd , the  $50 plan is for used in Canada.  The US min included is to call US from Canada.  You need to buy roaming addon to use your service in US.  

Need Help? Let's chat.