cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

georgina_magnus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my phone is saying "No SIM card" and i have no service, despite there being a sim card in the phone. I even bought and put in a new SIM card but still no luck. If it is the phone and not the sim card that is the issue, will public mobile replace my phone?

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@georgina_magnus wrote:

my phone is saying "No SIM card" and i have no service, despite there being a sim card in the phone. I even bought and put in a new SIM card but still no luck. If it is the phone and not the sim card that is the issue, will public mobile replace my phone?

@georgina_magnus 

I am guessing you received a phone and SIM card from Public Mobile - Welcome!

Now in order to create an account and have services, you must activate the SIM card.

You can do that here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

OR, you can click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

If you already activated the SIM card, then here is some trouble shooting:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@georgina_magnus   are you new customer just activated today or existing customer and SIM suddenly not working??  

if you got a new SIM, you either have to activate as new client or have to request SIM Swap through My Account 

did you try the SIM on another phone, that could confirm if it is phone issue or SIM..

would be nice if you can provide more info.

I am guilty of putting a SIM card in upside down on at least one occasion...

And Huawei phones now have a "NM" memory card thats the exact same shape as a Nano-SIM, so both slots look exactly the same, unless you have a microscope to see the letters "NM" vs "SIM"...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone unlocked ?  Did you active your new sim ?

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

Did you change your sim in your account ?

To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@georgina_magnus : Are you just activating? Or are you wanting to replace the SIM on an existing account for some reason?

Maybe have a look at devicecheck.ca

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@georgina_magnus wrote:

Did you purchase the phone through the Public Mobile Website?  You have activated the SIM through the activation portal?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.