No service

Rory3575
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My sim card will not activate 

44 REPLIES 44

Rory3575

Nothing to lose. Three days and still no service. Glad I have my old provider 

I'm just letting you know, @Rory3575 .   Of course you wouldn't.

There have been folks who've done chargebacks because they mistakenly assumed a charge to be incorrect.

They found out the hard way that amounts to getting service for free from prepaid mobile suppliers.

When this happens, the mobile provider promptly removes the option to pay via credit card option and forces those customers to pre-pay with a payment voucher (which is not refundable or able to be charged back...)

hi @Rory3575 what phone do you have?? did you try Reset All Networks?? your data issue is likely fixable 

Rory3575

lol, if i do a charge back why would i want to do business with them in the future

Give it a go @Rory3575 , let us know if they refund you.

If you’re gonna give up, then just do a chargeback with your credit card supplier for the amount charged.

But if you do that, you might want to consider going to another provider as this place won’t let you pay using credit card for 2 years once you do a chargeback.

Rory3575

I can get refund if service is not provided 

@Rory3575   Did you contact customer service as recommended in your other thread?  We can't fix issues that need technical support here, we're only customers like you.

hi @Rory3575 

you dont need to cancel

First, can you make calls??

if you can name calls and just not data, it is APN.  what phone you have?? Try Reset All Networks first and test data again 

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you saying you're having trouble with your data? Which plan do you have? Is your calling and texting working? Could it be something in your phones settings? Have you tried reaching out to support?

These are prepaid plans so if you cancel you won't get a refund.

Rory3575

24 hours in and still no internet. Should I look into cancelling service

Rory3575

Esim is clean. I have to IMEI numbers. 1 and 2. I gave you number 1

@Rory3575

was this phone ever use eSIM??  you check if the eSIM IMEI is clean??

Rory3575

I have just deleated the other two and rebooted the phone. Reset networks. Still esim says no connection

@Rory3575 

the IMEI would not matters. as long as it is not blacklisted .  To confirm if you phone is clean, check here (enter the correct IMEI that ties with the eSIM)

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

so, you followed rhe steps to get another eSIm and no help?? the 3rd one you installed is the latest one you got and you deleted the other 2 older ones?? You rebooted the phone once and tried Reset All Networks after installing the latest eSIM?

Rory3575

my imei is 18 numbers could this be a problem

Rory3575

I have installed three esims and am getting no where

@Rory3575 what I was suggesting is to use the PM app to get another eSIm, a new and different one, Installing that new eSIM  could resolve your issue.  Many had problem with the original eSIM and got the issue fixed with the after getting another esim

Rory3575

I am able to logon  to the PM app but how does this help me. My card is not connected to the internet

@Rory3575 actually support could reply late a night too, but no guarantee. You can try to message them again for update 

But your tried the above workaround and you cannot bypass the SMS 2FA ??

Rory3575

It looks like Public Mobile is going to leave me high and dry for another day with no data or phone. 

Rory3575

now i have paid for two additional esim cards and am not getting anywhere. I need to get to bed as i have work in the morning. what can we do

Rory3575

none of this is working and now I can't sign in

@Rory3575 yes , you can login the app with wifi and then get a new eSIM using the app as mentioned above 

Rory3575

I can only log into app because I am on wifi. new esim is not connecting.

@Rory3575 

Another way is to request another eSIIM

But can you access PM app ??

You can try to use email to receive the 2FA code (or try workarounds mentioned at the end of this reply).  Once you logged in , you can request another eSIM for free 

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

To try to login PM app:

On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

If no Send Email option, try these workarounds to unlock the email option to receive 2FA

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

Rory3575

we really need to do something. I have spent over 3 hours on this and it is getting late. I need my phone for work but am unable to spend time trying to get it to work during the day. I will not have data unless i put my old card back in. Not sure at this point if I will have phone access tomorrrow

yes @Rory3575 you are correct, you said sim card in the original message and confused me LoL

And I really think it is time to ask support to re-provision the 3ssim/account on the system side 

Rory3575

this is an esim. How can I try on other phone. Not realistic

@Rory3575the sim  is showing enabled/toggled on?? 

Try  Reset all networks or try on another phone

if still does not work, it is. sim provisioned problem. Easy fix for PM support but you need to engage them by direct message 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

Rory3575

android

Need Help? Let's chat.