cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service from the USA to canada

Matakas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I purchased a $20 upgrade for USA calling back to Canada and now down in the states it is not working.

5 REPLIES 5

All plans here are using 4G. The new 4G plans are just a higher speed limit then what the so-called 3G plans are at.

A useful workaround is to use a voip app while connected to any wifi (hotspot or coffee shop or hotel or whatever...they're practically everywhere).

Matakas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you to the community for the help. I think 3G is dead as far as anywhere in the States. Thank you for the PM contact e mail address which was impossible to find on their system. Contacted them and they are refunding my 2 x US Roaming charges.

Next  time probably a T Mobile prepaid SIM card worth a try. What about having a 4G plan from PM? 
thanks guys. Using my Sister in Law’s phone to call back to Canada.

RJR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just spent a week in September in Seattle WA.  Could not access T-Mobile's 2g GSM network on either phone, despite what the map says about such coverage all the way to the Canadian border.  So no voice coverage found from Seatac to Snohomish County.  Texting worked on LTE network though.

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Matakas wrote:

My wife and I purchased a $20 upgrade for USA calling back to Canada and now down in the states it is not working.

US roaming and voice calls is very hit and miss now due to the 3G network decommissioning in the US.  At this point your only hope is to try and use/find a 2G T-Mobile network.  Try and manually search and select T-Mobile and force the phone to use 2G if there is such an option in your handset.  If this does not work buy a local US prepaid SIM from T-Mobile and use that and when you return seek out a credit for the US roaming add-ons from a PM CS agent.

PM should have temporarily suspended US add-ons given network situation south of the border and it's not very clear when buying an add-on.

USroaming.jpg

terms6.jpg

hTideFnow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Matakas 

Connect to the network manually T-Mobile and reboot phone

not work,send a private message to  CS_Agent 

get remove it those add-ons

Need Help? Let's chat.