cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network?

sly_sloth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Currently No public mobile network available in thunder bay?

Never had any issues previously, just wondering if this is normal or if other users have experienced anything similar. 

13 REPLIES 13

@sly_sloth wrote:

Stupid question... but my sim card number on my public mobile profile should match the numbers on my actual sim card?

It doesn't.

I tried to change it to match my actual sim card and it says that number is already in use.

If the sim number doesn't match...you should IMMEDIATELY log into your account, scroll up and click Plan & Add-ons...look up to see Lost/Stolen and click that. Then click SUSPEND.Then get ahold of moderators to straighten out your account. Also....call your bank and credit card company to make sure any recent activity is legit.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sly_sloth 

I can understand your frustration with this. Can you try some of my suggestions.

Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off.
Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure it's off.

Remove the SIM card, then reinsert it.

Reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
I would also make sure your phone's OS is up to date.

@sly_sloth wrote: 

What is the link to submit a ticket.

Chatbot link:

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sly_sloth wrote:

There isn't one. You have to come down through the chatbot. You can directly send to them via private message but that's apparently slower.

But really...have you checked all your financials? I assume you've Suspended service and changed the password here anyway.

sly_sloth

@sly_sloth wrote:

How do I contact a moderator

I sent a private message but no answer.

Is there a better way.

Tks

The other way is to use the chatbot.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

sly_sloth

How do I contact a moderator

I sent a private message but no answer.

Is there a better way.

Tks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sly_sloth wrote:

What's lost stolen function?

In the self-serve under Plans & Add-ons. Haste. Criminals are fast.

sly_sloth

What's lost stolen function?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sly_sloth wrote:

Stupid question... but my sim card number on my public mobile profile should match the numbers on my actual sim card?

It doesn't.

I tried to change it to match my actual sim card and it says that number is already in use.

You've been hacked. Suspend the service under the Lost/stolen function and then change the account password.

Then go to all your online financial portals and make sure nothings touched and then change those passwords too.

Then contact the moderators here to re-instate your SIM to your account.

sly_sloth

It doesn't.

@sly_sloth 

Just to be on the safe side.  Try to access your self service account.  Make sure account status is active.  Also, check the last 3 digits of your SIM card.  Make sure that it matches your phone SIM card.  There have been some SIM hijacking cases recently. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can check for any outages.

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/

Try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.