cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network service

Lola72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan is active and does not run out anytime soon. However I have not been able to text or recieve texts. Is this a known issue. I have removed my sim card and put it back. It didn't make a difference. I cannot even call *611. Someone help! Thank you in advance. 

8 REPLIES 8

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lola72

@popping had some good advice. I would suggest you follow the steps laid out there. It seems there have been a few with some phone service issues in the past couple of days and trying those things have cleared things up for some.

If you do need to contact a Moderator eventually;

You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]

• Response time depends on how many messages in the queue, but lately it can be up to 48 hours. 
 More information from their Knowledge Base

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am sure the folks here can help you out.

Could you tell us the phone model you are using. 

when the phone is turned on on the screen does it say no service public mobile emergency calls only and such.

is the data turned on in network data on.

are you familar with apn settings for data.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lola72 wrote:

I cannot perform any functions at all. My plan I pay regularly. It's not due to run out anytime soon so I'm unsure what is going on with my phone.  No texts at all. No phone calls. At all! 

Popping stated the standard method to refresh your SIM itself. That seems to work for quite a few people who are having SIM issues. If it doesn't and I'm assuming it is a phone that previously worked with PM and therefore isn't locked. That happens to me fairly regularly. You might be too far away from a Telus/Bell tower for reliable service. Some phones have better antennas than others as well. Have you recently (or ever) dropped your phone? It's possible your antenna line could be damaged too. Best way to check that is with another unlocked phone if possible. I also find that if I am near my PC I have no service so it's quite possible the EMI effect could have something to do with it.

An American friend of mine had an issue with their phone not too long ago where the phone relocked itself to the previous carrier after the Android 8.1 update occurred for it. If the phone was previously locked to a carrier and you had it unlocked there is a slim chance it could have relocked itself after a major update.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lola72 wrote:

I cannot perform any functions at all. My plan I pay regularly. It's not due to run out anytime soon so I'm unsure what is going on with my phone.  No texts at all. No phone calls. At all! 

Login to your account.

Is your account status Active?

If yes, you can perform the lost/stolen phone trick to provision all services in your plan.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 48 - 72 hours. Good luck.

Jarvar

@Lola72 Since you mentioned that you pay regularly I'm assuming this is not a new account? or a recent port from a different carrier.

Has there been any changes recently? New Phone? New Service? Location? Software Updates?

Are you connected to the Public Mobile Network? 

What kind of phone do you have?

Lola72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Jarvar

Welcome to Public Mobile @Lola72

Is this a new account? Or did you have service before and now you don't?

What kind of plan do you have? Are all the services not working or just some? (incoming and outgoing, text, MMS, data etc..)

You mentioned texting, are you able to make and receive calls? do you get data?

The more details, the better we can help.

Thanks

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Just to be sure, login to your account and confirm Status is "Active". If you are on the $10 plan check that minutes & texts are still available.

Let us know make/model of your phone. Can you try your SIM in another unlocked phone to determine if your phone has failed?

Reboot your phone and report what message appears on the phone? No service, Public Mobile with bars, etc.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.