cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network in my area

Dana69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is it when I try to make a call in my area it says no network available cant make or recieve calls can only use text messages an the phone carrier is the only company this does this with I might have to switch carriers 

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Dana69 wrote:

Why is it when I try to make a call in my area it says no network available cant make or recieve calls can only use text messages an the phone carrier is the only company this does this with I might have to switch carriers 

Did calling used to work in your area? If VoLTE is not working in your area, the phone will try to use the 3G network to call... to confirm if maybe there is no 3G coverage in your area, see if you cellular network options let you temporarily disable LTE by switching to 3G/WCDMA/HSPA mode?

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

It might be a VoLTE issue. What phone are you using and which city?

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dana69 Have you just ported to PM recently?  You could try to restart your phone to see if that makes it better.  You could also check the outage map to see if there is a recent outage in your area.  

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You did not say WHICH area you are in.

Some folks report some issues today in some areas.

You are free to switch providers at your will. No need to let us know as we are customers as yourself and PM staff does not manage this forum.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you just recently switched to Public Mobile (ported in)? If you are on a limited minutes plan have you finished out your calling minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.