cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network connection

yinchung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just switch from another carrier before the long holiday, today when I resume my work I found that I got no network connection. Please advise if my work place is out of coverage ? Manitoba R7A. 

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@yinchung 

You have the Manitoba problem that affects users in Winnipeg and Brandon where telus no longer has a network sharing agreement with bell. As a result your voice services on the 3G network only have B2(1900) to connect to.....while very few customers have reported any major loss of service it appears your office is located in an area that lacks both B2 and B5(850) bandwidth. Depending on the make and model of your phone this issue could be exasperated if it doesn't support B2. However outside of these cities the network sharing agreement still exists and has no detrimental affect on pm customer's voice services. Until VoLTE calling is rolled out for pm customers sometime this year you are restricted on your ability to use pms voice services.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yinchung 

Was there ever service on this PM sim card since switching?  It worked on the first couple days and just stopped working today?

what kind of phone do you have?  

Did you try to reseat your sim card? (power off , take sim card out for a minute and power up the phone again)

did you try to your sim card in another phone?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Unless there is outage in your area it could be blocked signal due to environment.

Do other people have access?

@yinchung @ do you see public mobile on top of your phone on Home Screen 

yinchung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, it is within the coverage from the map.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yinchung @Did you try rebooting your phone 

Coverage  map in your area

www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage?gclid=CLuo4c39yNQCFQQvaQodeZEC0g

Need Help? Let's chat.