Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more data after a few days as new customer

ujagara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am a new customer.

After a few days of use, I am now shut off from the data service.

Could you please explain?

Many thanks.

Martin

10 REPLIES 10

withashout
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How come I am paying $30/mth for only 500 GB of Data when this question and answer said $30 is for 1 GB of data?

ujagara

Fabulous.

You are an angel.

Thank you so much for the precious advice!

All the best.

M.

timmy46

Is it possible that you ran a lot of speedtests? They consume a lot of data!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechuckerno worries!

Okay I took a couple of quick screen caps of the process.

Step 1:  left-click on your Wi-Fi icon in your status bar (lower right corner of the screen), then find your connection in the list and click Properties:

MeteredWifi_Step1.png

Step 2:  in the properties window, scroll down to the Metered Connection section and turn on the toggle:

MeteredWifi_Step2.png

Mine is currently off for this connection, but set yours to ON for your hotspot.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, it's been ages since I've used a Windows computer via my tethered WiFi.  Thanks for the tip - I didn't know this!

srlawren

@ujagara wrote:

Thank you so much for your help!

I connected my laptop to my phone as a hotspot.  It chewed almost all my data, probably due to a laptop software update!  I'm on tje $40/4.5Gb plan.

Have a great day!

Martin.

@ujagara for future use, if you're using a Windows laptop, go to the WiFi connection properties for your hotspot (on the laptop) and mark it as a meterd connection.  This prevents Windows from downloading updates over that connection.  I would presume there is a similar setting on a Mac but can't confirm one way or the other.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@ujagara if you have run out of data you can ask mods to renew your current plan early or do an immideate plan change to a different plan. Often these are cheaper options $/gb than the $30 for 1gb addon

ujagara

Thank you so much for your help!

I connected my laptop to my phone as a hotspot.  It chewed almost all my data, probably due to a laptop software update!  I'm on tje $40/4.5Gb plan.

Have a great day!

Martin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ujagara, Please log into your self serve portal, and check to see how much data it reports under View My Usage.  If it shows nothing, then you have used up all of your data.  As mentioned by @a1_gaurav, which plan do you have?

a1_gaurav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Which plan are you on ? Would suggest to check the internet settings to see if its not turned off. If not then connect with the moderator for help.

Here is the knowledge article on how to check APN settings I read in another post

1. Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.
    • Some models of iPhones do not allow you to manually update your APNs. If this is your case, using your mobile phone, visit co.nz. This will automatically download the required APNs in your phone settings.
    • If you have an LG phone and you still aren’t able to use your data after all of this, we suggest doing a factory reset of your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.