cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more North American plan?

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been wanting to switch to a North America plan so that I can call anyone in Canada or the USA but there doesn't seem to be an option anymore for this type of plan which really sucks.

Is there a reason why they removed this plan? I don't want to have to buy expensive addons just to call NY. It doesn't feel right that they removed those options for us. Now the only options between the plans are literally the data. I don't care about data, I just want to be able to pick up the phone and call someone in the USA w/o having to worry about minutes. This is 2022.

4 REPLIES 4

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rusty  Although it’s an addon the 1000 minute USA from Canada in my opinion,  is not that bad for 15$ Considering it rolls over

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Someone here has an older plan that also includes roaming. Call North America from Canada and also be in the states and call North America. They might be interested in you taking over that plan.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rusty 

That was an old PM plan.

You had several options, 

- Purchase USA Add-on

- Use TextNow app for free wifi calling and texting.

- Use Whatsapps for free wifi calling and texting.

- Purchase a local SIM like Mint Mobile or Tello Mobile.

@Rusty wrote:

I have been wanting to switch to a North America plan so that I can call anyone in Canada or the USA but there doesn't seem to be an option anymore for this type of plan which really sucks.

Is there a reason why they removed this plan? I don't want to have to buy expensive addons just to call NY. It doesn't feel right that they removed those options for us. Now the only options between the plans are literally the data. I don't care about data, I just want to be able to pick up the phone and call someone in the USA w/o having to worry about minutes. This is 2022.

Sorry, but there are currently no plans being offered that include calling from Canada to the U.S. The change to the offered plans is a business decision.

Need Help? Let's chat.