cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls for 3 days and what to do

kctjl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello, I activated my phone on friday, transferred my number from fido. Since then I cant recieve any incoming calls and texts. I sent email on Friday -no answer so far. I sent Private message to two of PM moderators but no answer so far. What should I do next? Thank you in advance:)
21 REPLIES 21

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren I haven't had any issues, but I still bravo'd it.  I think it's a great idea. 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Saray_O is on fire today!  Thanks for helping so many over the finish line, Saray!

For anyone that unfortunately experienced a multi-day wait for help on this thread, would you kindly consider bravo'ing my suggestion here?:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Please-utilize-an-issue-tracking-system-for....  Thank you in advance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hereforthedeal

@Saray_OThank you, it was resolved within an hour or so after you messaged me back. 

Saray_O

@hereforthedeal Thank you 😄 I just sent you a private message! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Saray_O

@kctjl Thank you! I just sent you a private message 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kctjl
@Saray_O I just sent you a private message with required information. Thank you 🙂

Saray_O

Hi @Emissary

I'm really sorry about this inconvenient. 

Your port was just stuck in the "create" phase. I called our port team and they were able to resubmit the request, your old service provider hasn't replied to the request yet but your port should be complete in the next 30 min - 2.5 hours. 

Let me know if you need anything else! 

Emissary

I just got a call from Bell about my port, so either the mods did something or Bell was sitting on their hands for days. Either way, fingers crossed, it looks like it will finally happen.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Everyone please try to stick to account numbers when porting, less chance of a mistake.

hereforthedeal

@Saray_O Thanks for your response/tag. I sent you a message, please let me know if anything else is required. 

Emissary

@Saray_O Any idea what's going on with my port? I've been waiting since Thursday and still can't get any incoming calls or texts. None of my messages to mods have been read.

Saray_O

Hi there @hereforthedeal

I'm sorry about this issue with your port 😞

I got in touch with our port team and it seems you provided us with the wrong IMEI number when you filled out your port request. Could you send me a private message with your Rogers account number or your Rogers PIN number?

Thank you! 

Saray_O

Hi @kctjl

I'm sorry you've been having issues with your port Smiley Frustrated

I just contacted our port team and it seems the Fido PIN number you provided us with is incorrect and that's why your port is stuck. Could you send me a private message with the correct Fido PIN number or your Fido account number?

Thank you!

hereforthedeal

@kctjl I'm in the same boat, no incoming calls since Friday. 

kctjl
@hummuschips thank you!:)

kctjl
@WearySky thank you!))

kctjl
@citoyen Thank you. I tried to go to self service and. Then go to change the number and transfer...but it says to contact PM assistance. Guess we just have to wait .

WearySky

And just bear in mind - messaging more than one mod doesn't make any difference - all mods see all the PMs that come in to any of them.  Likewise when you tag them.

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Make sure you follow Mary_M's guidlines on what information to provide in a PM to ensure the fastest possible resolution to your issue.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Emissary

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do but wait. There are a lot of us in the exact same situation and there's no one to talk to. 

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I looked at your posts from Friday.  It appears your Fido SIM card is still working so that means the port didn't go through properly since your SIM card from Fido should stop working once your number is ported.  You'll need to PM one of the mods to see if they can fix the problem with the port request.

Need Help? Let's chat.