cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

Taevanoff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have checked my apn settings, removed the SIM card and rebooted my phone. Calls and texts work but data is not connecting

6 REPLIES 6

Greg1275
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah this also happened to me.. I’m guessing you have the plan with 3G data and not LTE. If you’re on iPhone you must turn off LTE in the settings. Goto Settings, Cellular, Cellular data options, then turn off LTE. Problem solved 😉

SQuinless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Taevanoff,

Maybe I can help you out here. As other have suggested perhaps we can rule a few things out in order to find the issue here.

First and foremost, (1) are you subscribed to a Data plan? (2) Check your account and confirm that you have data available to be used, it is very common for individuals to use up all their data without realizing. (3) Is data turned on, on your phone? (4) Ensure that your APN settings are correct for Public Mobile and that all the correct fields in the APN settings are filled out. (5) If you phone has the option to turn off LTE/4G so that your phone only receives 3G try doing that.

Try giving those steps a shot and let me know if anything’s works! Good luck!

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Login in to your account and check how much data is shown as balance for the current period. If you do not see any data balance, check your usage section for data usage. Or you might have a phone issue.  

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Taevanoff wrote:

I have checked my apn settings, removed the SIM card and rebooted my phone. Calls and texts work but data is not connecting

There could be a few reasons why; here's a couple that comes to mind:

1. You've consumed all your data for the month or your plan doesn't include data.

2. You've traveled out of the PM zone with your phone (roaming to another carries changes some data settings).  Rebooting you phone solves this problem.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Taevanoff wrote:

Which phone are you using?

If you have a LG phone, you need to do a network reset after switching provider in order to get data working.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you previously have working data on the phone or is this a new activation? If you previously had working data, could you have used up your monthly limit?

Need Help? Let's chat.