cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data on iPhone 6S

Kidsmom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've just switched to Public Mobile and I am not able to use data. PM documentation suggests to change APN settings but I can't get to them on my phone (not to the ones they show in the how-to articles). The ones I see don't have options that are needed. I've found several threads discussing this issue but no real resolution. 

11 REPLIES 11

bernardlc

Hi,

Issue is easily solved by downloading the APN setting from https://www.unlockit.co.nz/

for you specific network

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There ARE settings on an iPhone for updating your APN settings. 

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:1) Tap:
  • Settings
  • Cellular
  • Cellular Data Network
2) Input this info:
  • APN: SP.MB.COM  <====look at this one carefully you may find one more letter that needs to be removed from your iPhone setting. I think it will show as ISP.MB.COM

2A) You might NOT be able to change or update or even see the next two.If not, nothing to worry about! 

iPhoneUser

• Settings
  • Cellular
  • Cellular Data Network
2) Input this info:
  • APN: SP.MB.COM  <====look at this one carefully you may find one more letter that needs to be removed from your iPhone setting. I think it will show as ISP.MB.COM

2A) You might NOT be able to change or update or even see the next two.If not, nothing to worry about! 

waternlava
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Talk to the mods

iPhoneUser

@Kidsmom wrote:

I've just switched to Public Mobile and I am not able to use data. PM documentation suggests to change APN settings but I can't get to them on my phone (not to the ones they show in the how-to articles). The ones I see don't have options that are needed. I've found several threads discussing this issue but no real resolution. 

• Settings
  • Cellular
  • Cellular Data Network
2) Input this info:

@Kidsmom  Go into your settings and see if there are any updates available. Make sure you have access to WiFi in order to do so...perhaps @iPhoneUser  is available to advise you as many of us are Android users. I will look to see the minimum update that is necessary for your iPhone to access mobile data.

@Kidsmom  If none of the suggestions are working for you, you should submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in 'rep', select 'contact us', select 'submit ticket' and follow the prompts to finish submitting your ticket.

There is alway a nominal amount of buffer data used (approx. 5.3mb) whenever data is switched on.  This can be reset by turning the data/airplane mode on and off.  If it's more that amount being used, check to see if one of your apps is an issue.  If you haven't already, then restrict background data on your phone settings.

Kidsmom

Thank you for all the suggestions, nothing seems to work ...

Phone is unlocked. I still have almost 1GB data left (for some reason, it shows that 10 MB have been used, not sure how). I've subscribed yesterday so the data never worked.

I've been resetting multiple times and in multiple ways.

Found this and tried (but didn't help):

What you can do take sim off reset network setting turn off phone insert sim and restart its usually set all network setting automatically
Try this hopefully will help you

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@KidsmomThere is no option to enter APN settings in iOS. Try Settings -> General -> Reset Network Settings and see if it resets it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kidsmom wrote:

So which plan did you subscribe to ? If it was the $15 plan, you need a valid credit card and enable Autopay to get the 250mb of data.

Log into My Account / Data and Add-ons to review your dt alottment for your plan.

Let us know what you see under data.If you don't see any, that means you've either already used it up (250mb isn't a lot of data)...or you don't have any data.

Be aware that PM is giving everyone a gift of a FREE 1GB of data add-on and 400 minutes of International calling add-on. There's no catch...it's free.

Make sure that Data is enabled as well...turn On Roaming. Restart phone.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sure your phone is unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.