cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No customer service - at all!

RHFAAL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How is it possible that PM can charge people for a faulty SIM card and the cost of a monthly plan without giving the customer anything in return??  Is this some kind of joke?  I purchased a SIM card, selected a plan and yet I am unable to make a call or text!  There’s no one to contact, no where to go.  The moderators in this community are M.I.A (missing in action).  No reply, nothing in three days.  Where is everyone?  I have tried resetting the phone, I have tried blowing into the port, I have confirmed that my phone is compatible, unlocked and ready to be used - but nothing.  How can PM get such an easy process wrong?  Just activate the SIM card already!  This is ridiculous... I just want to talk and text!!  We put a man on the moon for the love of God!  It’s just a SIM card...1980’s technology.    Please help

14 REPLIES 14

CCTS is the body you wish to send complaints to. Not the CRTC.

The CRTC will ask for submissions when they're reviewing policies and doing inquiries.  The CCTS will help consumers work with their provider to get a reasonable solution.

Alain007
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For your information: Yes

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alain007 wrote:

Complaint sent to CRTC! 

For your information: CRTC doesn't take Consumer Related Complaints.     

Alain007
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Complaint sent to CRTC! 

RHFAAL

I was contacted today - confirmed that it was a fautly SIM card - Thanks to the community for letting me vent a bit. 🙂

RHFAAL

I’ve sent 4 messages in 3 days - not that many...but I did expect a reply this morning 

RHFAAL

Status says active

RHFAAL

Thanks for the reply.  Agree that less is less but then the risk for issues should also be less, there should be a proven method of reliable assistance  - at least at the beginning.  The community provided great feedback and I have/am trying all options with no success - didn’t realize I was supposed to respond to each with a ‘thanks but that didn’t work’ note.  It’s been 3 days and I haven’t been contacted by a moderator - which is critical to see if the community was right about the faulty or inactive SIM card - can’t respond to those comments without checking first.

I also put the sim into an unlocked iPhone and it didn’t pick up the network - so I’m also leaning towards a faulty/inactive SIM card.

so what now?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

While we wait...caan you send a screenshot of your "Account Status" page please.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Salmonlips wrote:

out of curiosity did you try sending multiple messages to the mods?  because that will bump up your message in the queue over and over.... i know from experience...............

@SalmonlipsThis has been confirmed as not true, it will how ever create extra work for the moderator team to sift thru the message and create back logging

@Anonymousedit you beat my message by 16 seconds what

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Salmonlips wrote:

out of curiosity did you try sending multiple messages to the mods?  because that will bump up your message in the queue over and over.... i know from experience...............

@Salmonlips, It has been confirmed by a senior member of the moderator team (about a month ago) that sending multiple messages DOES NOT bump you to the bottom of the list.  It simply makes more work for the mods to go through all of the extra messages.

Salmonlips

Dunkgirl

@RHFAAL wrote:

How is it possible that PM can charge people for a faulty SIM card and the cost of a monthly plan without giving the customer anything in return??  Is this some kind of joke?  I purchased a SIM card, selected a plan and yet I am unable to make a call or text!  There’s no one to contact, no where to go.  The moderators in this community are M.I.A (missing in action).  No reply, nothing in three days.  Where is everyone?  I have tried resetting the phone, I have tried blowing into the port, I have confirmed that my phone is compatible, unlocked and ready to be used - but nothing.  How can PM get such an easy process wrong?  Just activate the SIM card already!  This is ridiculous... I just want to talk and text!!  We put a man on the moon for the love of God!  It’s just a SIM card...1980’s technology.    Please help

Sorry for all your trouble, I know it can be really frustrating but things are usually good just try to remember “Less for less” is their company statement, and the only thing less is official customer service, a lot less. Its why they are so cheap. Usually things work and its good, the only time you will be cheesed is when you need an accurate response in a timely manner from the moderator team. It usually takes 48 hours for a response.

BTW there is somewhere to go, the community,  there is other posts since your last with suggestions and you have not responded yet.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Can-t-Connect-to-Network/m-p/281621

There is SIX posts since your last response, with no update from you.

Dunkgirl

@RHFAAL wrote:

Sorry for all your trouble, I know it can be really frustrating but things are usually good just try to remember “Less for less” is their company statement, and the only thing less is official customer service, a lot less. Its why they are so cheap. Usually things work and its good, the only time you will be cheesed is when you need an accurate response in a timely manner from the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.