cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No autopay - $ available - Action by me?

Raymo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New customer, 1st month is ending. I have credit in account, but no autopay. Do i have to do anything to continue my service?

10 REPLIES 10

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

I had a friend that was throwing out a bunch of spent cards with expiry dates in 2024 and 2025. So I snagged them figuring I could offer them up if anyone needed one to get the $2 autopay reward.

Good for you - so very kind of you!  🙂  The strange things we do in life.  One's trash is another one's treasure! 😁

@Anonymous 

I am going to attempt again...but with only two tries per hour I tried a few times and gave up and haven't gotten around to trying again.

I had a friend that was throwing out a bunch of spent cards with expiry dates in 2024 and 2025. So I snagged them figuring I could offer them up if anyone needed one to get the $2 autopay reward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Have you tried to match the address in the profile. We have a regular that says that worked. Not saying for the Kelloggs Mastercard specifically.. but gift cards. But not my experience.

Nice offer about a spent gift card. I have some too. No charge...so no soliciting 🙂

@BlueB 

I do need to update that thread as kelloggs switched to mastercard gift cards and I'm having the hardest time adding them anywhere to get accepted let alone pm. But anyone that has no card to register for autopay to recieve the reward only.....can private message me as I have some empty vanilla mastercards that I can give the details for in order to register.

BlueB

There are good arguments for AutoPay, saving $2/cycle.  However, if you're not comfortable with putting your own credit card down, Kellogg's cereal has a promotion right now to get a usable card you can put on your account for "AutoPay" without actually using it for auto-pay.  Then, you can use vouchers or however else you want to do it without having to worry about an active credit card on your account.

Some good info if you're interested in this option, thanks to @darlicious!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Register-for-autopay-w-a-Kelloggs-visa-gif...

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Raymo Why not enable Autopay? You will have 2$ off from your bill. And you can also top up money to your Available Funds account just in case if Autopay fails.

BlueB

Welcome to Public Mobile @Raymo🙂

Just to summarize, since Public Mobile is a prepaid service, you need to make sure you have enough funds/credit in your account at the start of your renewal date (every 30 days).

Fund your account via:

1. Manual one-time top-up via credit card
  2. Automatic "AutoPay" top-up via credit card
  3. Manual one-time top-ups via voucher

If there's anything you're confused about, just let us know!  🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Raymo wrote:

New customer, 1st month is ending. I have credit in account, but no autopay. Do i have to do anything to continue my service?

This depends on a couple of things:

1. did you activate on a plan with the promotion of a 'free' month and does the credit equal to your plan amount yet display under Available Funds?
  2. are you adverse (or unable) to add a payment card to the account?

The great thing about the auto-pay feature, is that you WILL receive a $2/cycle discount against your renewal amount EVEN IF you don't let the renewal charge to the card.   You can pad the account with sufficient funds (via purchasing a payment voucher) just prior to the renewal and you will get a savings of $2/cycle on renewal just for having the payment card registered on the account.

Something to consider.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Raymo wrote:

@Raymo YES...well, is your credit amount the amount of your plan renewal?

If not, You will need to make a payment through your Self Serve either by Credit Card or Voucher.

Or call 611 by voucher.

Ways to pay for services:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Raymo   If you have enough money as Available Fund on Self-Serve..then no, you don't have to do anything

If not, you will have to either setup Autopay , or pay manually (load enough fund)  using credit card before the renewal date.    Of course, you can also pay by using voucher.  If you decide to pay manually , make sure you remember PM is running a 30 days cycle and NOT a monthly cycle.  Also, service will be suspended if you miss paying before the renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.