cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sim detected after porting

christian9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to public for the black Friday deal. After porting over my number successfully and inserting the new public Mobile Sim the Sim was not detected. I tried it on multiple phones, none worked. I ordered another Sim, activated it and the same issue occurred. I contacted support and had three separate support agents attempt to resolve the issue. None were successful. I tired adding a piece of tape to the back of the Sim in case there was poor contact, that also failed. Any suggestions before I find a new provider now that I have missed all of the black Friday deals? No service for over a week is ridiculous. 

16 REPLIES 16

christian9

Getting a third Sim card resolved the issue.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@christian9   Have you tried turning off automatic network connection and selecting Public Mobile?

hi @christian9 thebsim might not have setup properly on the system, have you submitted ticket with PM CS agent yet??

@christian9 

the multiple activations is probably the issue... do you still have the previous public sim you first activated? install that sim and see if it works

christian9

Just called, all of my account details were correct including the billing.

christian9

My phone just says "no sim detected"

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@christian9 

Do this yourself with a working phone to see if your account is really active. 

If you call 1 855 4PUBLIC from a working phone and follow the prompts is your PM account active?

chr15

hi @christian9 

ah that's really weird. I've inserted the SIM with the wrong side facing up before and didn't realize.

It's highly unlikely that the multiple SIM cards you have are all duds but I guess anything can happen. 

What phone do you have and what does your phone say in settings when you insert the SIM?

Hollister

@christian9 

I doubt it is the SIM card. Your account might not be provisioned correctly. Contact an agent again.

christian9

HI @chr15 

I have already tried it with 4 other phones, none have worked.

christian9

The Sim numbers match. My number was successfully ported, if you call it you get the voicemail message. I replied yes to the porting text from Fido

chr15

hi @christian9 

This doesn't see like a SIM issue if this is happening with multiple SIMs. Do you have any other phone you can try the SIMs with?

Hollister

@christian9 

So you did a sim swap in self service with your second sim? Make sure the sim numbers match your SIM card in self service.

Edit: Can you confirm that you replied yes to port your number out? What happens if you call it?

christian9

I have confirmed with all 3 customer service agents, including a Telus engineer that the Sim is active and recognised on their end. I have tried wiping all network connections, reinserting the Sim, cleaning Sim contacts and testing the Sim on multiple other devices. One of which has a working public Mobile plan. None have worked, the only suggestion from customer service is to buy another Sim. So $30 in Sim cards with no guarantee of it working.... They refused to try giving me a free esim to see if that would solve my issue. So far I am very disappointed with Public Mobile. 

Hollister

@christian9 

I doubt it is an issue with the SIM cards.

Did you get the confirmation text from your old provider that you wanted to port out?

If you call 1 855 4PUBLIC from a working phone and follow the prompts is your PM account active?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @christian9 did you try to wipe the sim amd reinsert??

could be sim setup problem on thr system,   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.