Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

SkyeBH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A4E1C761-0A98-4E3A-BDD0-C291046DBB54.jpeg

39AE30B7-1956-4326-82A8-A8D73EBCD47C.png

0506181F-A5C0-4B3A-A1E6-8AE1A607333C.jpeg

 not sure what’s going on, been trying to fix it forever. can’t make calls, receive texts or use data. i’ve already tried resetting my phone, network settings and i’ve taken it out and put it back in but nothing seems to be working.

15 REPLIES 15

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SkyeBH   TBH as a friend, he should just refund you what you paid him for this phone and then it's upto your friend how he wants to proceed further with the outstanding bill he owes Bell.

@SkyeBH 

Your friend should have told you the phone was Blacklisted. He will need to go to carrier with the account number to have this straightened out.

His plan? Or the device? He would need to get squared away with the provider he got the phone or plan from. The contracts aren't usually just plans. One might say they didn't pay the plan. But the contract includes a device pay-down. That's the part that matters. He's effectively "stolen" a phone. So the company rightfully says oh yeah well good luck using that anywhere in Canada. You could if you like sell it outside somewhere else that wouldn't know about this blacklist or doesn't adhere to it but that's a hassle.

I would think that if your friend goes back to the provider and straightens out his debt then they would remove it from the blacklist. I would think. I'll leave those facts to someone who has the facts. I don't.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SkyeBH - if that is your IMEI # in the screenshot, best to remove or edit it. I know it's already blacklisted, but in the event it can be removed by the previous provider...Good luck!

@SkyeBH  the only way is if bell is paid the money it's owed 

SkyeBH

it’s because he didn’t pay his plan, and is there any way to get this off my phone?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SkyeBH    You'll need to ask your friend why it's coming up as being blacklisted and/or maybe they can give you a refund for a phone that is not usable.

SkyeBH

I think he had a contract with bell but i’m not sure

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did the friend buy the phone on a contract and left it unpaid? Maybe ported his number out without clearing the device payout?

SkyeBH

10BE7BE8-8E93-4362-A868-E4C66BD8D6CA.jpeg

it says it’s blacklisted but i bought the phone off a good friend that bought it brand new, so i’m not sure how it would have been blacklisted

@SkyeBH is this phone locked, or perhaps check to see if it is blacklisted: Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Check out devicecheck.ca

So we know the service is fine which leaves the device.

SkyeBH

79A9974A-55FA-4C38-97CB-29E2B4400822.png

it works in my iphone 6s. but i get this screen on my xr

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SkyeBH 

Any outages reported in your area?

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

Some network troubleshooting to try would be:

• reboot your phone
  • toggle into/out of airplane mode
  • reset network settings of device
  • try your sim into another phone to see if services are the same.
  • try changing your mobile connections to 3G only

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SkyeBH    Are you able to try your SIM in another unlocked phone to rule out issues with your device?

Need Help? Let's chat.